XVI

Kairo sat behind his desk in complete darkness rubbing his temples as his current migraine only seemed to worsen by the second

Kairo sat behind his desk in complete darkness rubbing his temples as his current migraine only seemed to worsen by the second. Stressed was an understatement, with pressure from his father on expanding his role in the business and Sade he couldn't seem to catch a break. Kairo came to terms a long time ago that living that life wouldn't suffice for him forever. His mind continued to race even going back to the final words he shared with Sydney right before she was gunned down in front of their home. Although he had the taste of sweet revenge it didn't take away the grief and pain that lingered. He couldn't see how his father couldn't see that, nor how his brother was so hungry for it.

A slight knock pulled Kairo from his heavy thoughts as Susie pushed the door open lightly, frowning at the lack of light "Sir? Your three o'clock is here, did you need me to reschedule?"

"Shit. No send them in, just give me a few minutes" Kairo sat up running his hand down his face.

Sending him a nod she flicked the switch on her way out but not before letting him in on her observation "Don't sulk. It's not good for you"

With a light smile Kairo nodded deciding to listen to her, he waited a few moments before his client walked in surprised to see the woman alone. Her red lips caught his attention at first glance and he couldn't deny that he was attracted to her, but looks wouldn't be enough for him to shift from Sade.

"Hey, it's me again " Camilla smiled brightly wrapping her arms him

Kairo chuckled since she was so indecisive always changing her mind last minute making her visits to the establishment frequent "You decide on the cut yet for the second set of rings?"

Shyly she took a seat crossing her legs "No. I just don't know, it needs to be perfect-"

"And it will be, but we need to make some progress. Your event is less than three months away if you have no merchandise everything will be a waste especially my time"

Tight lipped she took notice to his mood that didn't match their previous encounters " You'll still get your money and it'll get done. Did you consider my invitation?" Camilla asked her voice and eyes filled with hope

Twirling the engraved pen between his fingers tips he bit down on his bottom lip "I did. I don't think that would be appropriate"

"Appropriate? Since when has business and pleasure been an issue for you? You're seeing someone now or something?" Camilla laughed off, once seeing he didn't join in she cut her eyes at him "Oh? Since when?"

Kairo simply shrugged, she wasn't entitled to an explanation and he didn't feel he owed her that "For a while now Cam"

With a frown on her face she raised her manicured index finger "So I take a break to France-"

"Are you here to talk about us? I think we should stay on the task at hand" He decided to stop her while ahead. A few dates and intimate moments made Camilla hopeful that their situation-ship would blossom in to much more but when the chance to appear in France to promote her business happened she jumped at the opportunity, leaving whatever he thought they were building in the states. Camilla's frowned deepened but before she could make a slick remark the office door opening once again drawing their attention there.