XI

Kairo occupied himself in his study on a rainy afternoon giving him time to reflect on his past and how he currently was allowing it to effect his present life

Kairo occupied himself in his study on a rainy afternoon giving him time to reflect on his past and how he currently was allowing it to effect his present life. Flashbacks ranging from relationships to just basic life decisions flooded his mind as he tried to pin point which choice led him to this point. Sydney La Bell his high school sweetheart turned wife, the first woman he shared anything with. The first woman he dedicated himself to, worshipped and protected until he didn't. Guilt of her death still swarmed him and he was unable to forgive himself for what took place. With a sigh Kairo switched his focus and let his eyes rank over the vanilla folder that was delivered this morning, with Sade in another room meditating he seen this as his best chance to indulge.

Soon Kairo found himself on the phone with Bo who was going in depth about what he discovered. "Look boss I don't mean to overstep. But all of this is about some chick? We have bigger fish to fry, like your father in an outrage about how you and Gio handled Sylvester"

Kairo frowned up his face quickly "Her name is Sade, you'll address her as such. As for my father consider it handled"

Bo arched his brow in a questioning manner but didn't dare say anything regarding it "I trust you Kairo. I don't know much about this Sade situation but be a smart man " Bo advise. He knew Kairo could be a hot head and very unreasonable.

Kairo nodded "I hear you, now let's talk about this file"

"I've been sitting on her home like you asked. Only one consistent visitor" Bo informed him

Kairo picked up the photographs attached eying the woman before tapping it lightly "It's just her best friend. I think her name is Mia or something"

Bo nodded as if he could see him "Mia Cruz. Twenty four born and raised in Brooklyn. She's messing with some dope boy name Xavier. He ain't too high on the food chain either. Selling straight dime and nickels bags"

"Fucking scrub" Kairo mumbled

"Only other visitors were delivery drivers"

Kairo frowned knowing Sade couldn't have possibly ordered anything to her home "Delivering what?

"Flower arrangements" Bo let out just as Kairo flipped the page seeing the next batch of photos " Shit load of black roses. Seems like some kinky shit"

"Was there a note left?"

"Here's where it gets weird. I was going to check but turns out I'm not the only one watching her home. There's a black svu parked just down the street, I didn't suspect anything until I ran the Cali tags which happen to lead back to an Elijah Mason"

Kairo's ears perked up as he wrote the name down underlining it to remind himself. "And?"

"Turns out to be a fucking loser. Arrest record for domestic battery but the shorty dropped the charges every time. A know photographer but the bad pressed diminished his career last know address is still listed as New York. No paper trail so he must be using cash while he's here "