XIII

With the wind blowing through the cracked windows Sade hummed to herself lowly folding the basket of clean clothes while she had a pot of cabbage cooking down on the stove

With the wind blowing through the cracked windows Sade hummed to herself lowly folding the basket of clean clothes while she had a pot of cabbage cooking down on the stove. At the sight of Mama B holding on to the staircase with a tight grip as she walked down them Sade sat the basket down rushing to her side. "You're supposed to be resting"

Mama B waved her off bringing her hand to her mouth as she let out a nasty cough "I'll rest when I'm long and gone chile"

"You just had chemo, you need to be in bed. I'll bring you a plate when the food is ready"

"I don't want to sleep, I wanna hear about your trip to Italy"

Sade grabbed her hand clasping it in hers guiding her to take a seat "I had a lot of fun, it's so beautiful there"

"The land of love I hear"

"Yeah, that's what they say"

"Well?" Mama B pried

Sade eyes widened "Oh no, it's too early for that don't you think?"

"Love is timeless dear. You can't help how you feel and when you feel it. I got married after three weeks

Sade chuckled "Really? How'd you know he was the one that quick"

Mama B smiled as she thought back to her late husband "You just know."

"So like love at first sight?" Sade gushed at the rare romance

"Maybe second sight" Mama B laughed since the first time she laid eyes on him she told him off

" Well we aren't there yet. I like him, I do. But I think I've pushed him away" Sade admitted

"Because of that old boy?"

Sade sighed deeply " I don't mean too, I just push my trauma on him and ruin every good moment. I like him, I'm just scared"

Mama B gave her a tight lipped small patting her hand "Baby that boy has taken enough from you, don't let this be one of them."

Sade gave her a tight smile wishing it was as easy as she made it sound "But how?"

"Easy. Go in with no expectations so you won't be disappointed and be open allow yourself to feel. Now go check on them biscuit's before you burn them"

Sade took in the advice laughing lightly as she walked to the oven pulling the tray of biscuits out ready to butter them up with the homemade butter glaze she prepared "I'm not going to burn them mama"

Hearing the front door slam shut as an upset Kingston headed straight towards the stairs ignoring both women who eyed him closely "King! Get in here"

Smacking his teeth loudly he made his way back towards them pulling on his hoodie "Yeah man"

Sade shook her head as she tried to stay quiet letting Mama B be the one to rip into him "Where you been boy?"

"Why it matter."