15; Trouble in Yola

Abuja Nigeria

She's been assured times without number,all is gonna be fine in Yola but no she has can't help but feel anxious again and again.Nafiu went back to kano yesterday and She was missing him so much,when he's here Nafeesah tend to worry less,the man is a true gem ,he's her rock.
One thing is for sure ,she's telling her dad about no matter how he is going to take it,it's least she could do,he should know and since Nafiu has already ask her to be his girlfriend there's no need of hiding it.Her mum and some of her aunts knows she's dating and she does not wish to have such a long term relationship,things might get ruin...talking for that one person is not happy for her and unfortunately that person is her bed friend ,She wonder what she has against Nafiu but Allah knows best,and She pray He does not leave her affairs to her even for a blink of an eye.
She was brought out of her reverie by the horn her Mum's car,she's back from work,...'Ya Allah bless my mum with Good health and bless her hard work',She prayed before She stood up to go welcome her.

"Likita bokan turai"She beamed and hugged her

"Matar Nafiu"she yelled and Nafeesah was so shocked that she released her from the hug

"Why did you stop,ain't you his gf"she asked arms akimbo as she went to the other side of the car to get her stuff.

"Mum,how's work?",She asked diverting from the question

"Keep running from having us talk about you two,time will come when you'd have to follow him and live with him forever"hearing her mom talk about it made her nostalgic

"I'd always stay with you,come in let's go in"She said and she shook her head making her way into the house.

———————————————————-

Next day,
Yola,Adamawa state.

Here goes nothing,since they landed her heart raced more an electric train,Mi Tesoro kept reassuring her here and there that she'll do just fine ,they've been picked up from the airport by their dad's driver,the man is a chatterbox.Riding in the car with her head looking at this beautiful city rains so much of childhood memories,she's familiar with every route here.She's home yet again she felt like an outcast here.
First they dropped her mum maternal house in in yola town.Seeing her maternal family brings her so much joy that she'd cry at their sight.

"Hajjah ,ummu a Hokkam korwol,a 'larai mairamjo warti saree mako na?",(Hajjah,get up and give the chair to seat down,didn't you see the princess is back at here house),She said to her grandma mother.

"Mi yida semde semtede fah bingel,dei a mauni"(I don't want shamelessness,when did you even grow up) she said and laughed hysterically.

"Kaiya Hajjah mi mauni mana"(oh Hajjah I'm all grown up now),Nafeesah replied

"Sirwinam bingel,dei a acci watugo kuje nasara do,pampers na ko dume?"(shut up girl,when did you stop putting on diapers),she said and the whole room burst in fits of laughter.

They had lunch with her grandmother and cousins,in between which they threw in their banters.It's already magrib, She went in to her Mum's room and so informed her that they are sleeping over at her daddy's.Her mood got ruined ,but what can She do,she can't disobey her,it's not like she's done that before.They bade everyone goodbye and head to the car their father sent,going to his house sucks,but you know what sucks more living without her mum for a few days.

Daddy's house.

Once they got here they were welcome to bunch of workers,after she dismissed them and asked one of them where her dad is,and she just happened to know he isn't even in Nigeria,but he's flying back tomorrow.Tasneem and Amani are in their room already with the little world of everything they'd always wanted,he's trying to impress or maybe show off he's rich.
During dinner time,they were served fine dishes just like they do in movie,the whole house is enormous for her liking,it's a mansion but not a home.The house was too boring for her liking,She called her man but instead his mum picked,She was too shy to speak with her but she made her comfortable about it,she got to know the reason Nafiu didn't pick was because he was praying Isha.She told Nafeesah so many things about Nafiu,felt like she's been given expo before the exams.They talked for quite some before she hanged up.
She just decided to go bed when she heard noises downstairs,seems like the man of the house is back.So she quickly closed her door and light off,She heard him knock the door,but she didn't want answer ,she'll just see him in the morning,he stood there for a while before he walked away,maybe hoping he's talk to her,Nafeesah felt bit sad for shunning him but what's more sad,it's that he shin them outta him life.The sound of his footsteps fade as he walked away from her room.She knows he must've went to her Mum's old room,there's where her siblings stay,tho he's changed everything in the room and now it's just the kids room.
When she woke up the next morning,her sisters were already downstairs with their father,Tasneem has her head on his lap while Amani clung onto his arm as they watch something on her iPad,they sight warmed her ,she quickly took a photo of them.No matter what he's still their father and deep down in her heart,she wants everything to be okay between them.She also got ready and braced herself to go see him,She does not hate but for what it is she can never accept this actions,and she hopes someday he'll understand how she felt and they'll be on the same page.She nervously walked to the bottom of the stairs absentmindedly till Amani called her name and everyone's attention turned be,She faked a smile and walked the living room where all of them were sitted.
She noticed an unfamiliar face but She choose to ignore,and turned to her father.