Chapter 1.

Rain was pouring down for hours already. Heavy droplets hitting your umbrella, making rather loud noises.
Walking on the wet concrete, just wanting to get home in the warm comfort of your room, to relax all your muscles, you thought about what to do when your home.

Tired of the endless rain you signed. It was raining for a couple of days already, soaking not only you and the people living in Miyagi but also the nature around you.

You felt a large, heavy hand on your right shoulder stopping you from walking any further on your way home.

You turned around to look who was wanting your attention and to your surprise it was him. Ushijima Wakatoshi.
He was seeking your attention for a good week now, asking you numerous questions every day and checking how you were doing.

Your friend said that he was probably interested in you.
Which you didn't really believe because he looked at you with that serious face showing no emotions whatsoever.
He looked at everyone like that and asking questions wasn't the reason for someone's liking. Right?

"Can we walk home together? Your the only one that lives in my neighborhood and I forgot my umbrella. I don't wanna catch a cold if I have important games coming up." He said softly. Looking up at his face nothing told you what emotion he felt, but you brushed it off. You weren't really good in reading emotions anyway so there was nothing to lose.

"Yeah, come on." You moved the umbrella up to his hight and he quickly took it from you. You took a hold onto his arm moving closer to him so you didn't get wet.

His eyes flickered down to you feeling slightly flattered from your action. Several girls did that already, holding on to his arm and pressing their chest against him, but this felt very different from all the other times girls did this.

"Are you cold?" He asked, noticing you're shivering, as soon as you held onto him.

Was he concerned about me?

Looking up in his eyes you didn't saw an emotion of concern or anything like that.

"You have a tournament at the end of the week, right? Your teammates probably don't want you to get sick." You were surprised that he knew that information. He took his eyes off your figure, now looking straight ahead on the pathway, taking in the rainy atmosphere.
He looked like he was enjoying the weather.

"Don't worry Ushijima, I'm gonna be fine!" You exhaled, not wanting him to be concerned about your health or anything.

He was right, your tournament was just about to happen and getting sick would be a pain in the ass, with you being the captain of the tennis team you had a lot to do and care about. So he was right, no one wants you to get sick.

"Wakatoshi! Call me Wakatoshi." He was slightly smiling now, looking directly at you. Your eyes grew a little bit wider at his smile. It was beautiful.

"Your smile is beautiful Ushi- I mean Wakatoshi!" You said.

Shit I did not wanted to say that out loud.

The statement took him by surprise. He never heard something like that come from a girl. From no one other then his family members maybe. But even that he didn't remember, so does it really count?

His smile didn't fade at all. He was happy. You didn't know that he wanted this to last forever.
Walking you home in the pouring rain, talking to you about everything that you thought about.

You didn't had a clue that he liked you for some time now. But it kinda made the moment better, you didn't had to worry about any feelings.

You spotted your house, getting closer to it with every step you both took.

Now standing at your front door you pulled out your house keys from your bag.

"You can take the umbrella back with you to your place. We don't want you getting sick when you have important games coming up." He nodded and watched you unlock the front door and step inside, closing the door after you.
He stood there for another moment, taking in what just happened.

He walked the girl he liked home. And you were even concerned about his health and his games.

Was that the feeling of love Tendou mentioned?

His heart was racing, doing laps in his whole body. It felt like he just played a bunch of volleyball games. His hands were shaking, from the coldness but also from your actions. Even if they were little to nothing for others.

His grip on the umbrella tightened and the turned around making his way to his house.

His head was filled with thoughts and it was not about volleyball at all.
He thought about everything that could happen in the future.
His mind went far, far into the future. But he forgot to focus on one thing: getting you to like him back. So he needed to do his best when he's around you.

After stepping inside your house you had to pause. Your heart was racing, cheeks a slight shade of red.
Putting down your keys and tacking of your shoes you couldn't stop thinking about what just happened.

You quickly went up to your room and laid flat on the bed. Looking up at the ceiling, trying to process everything.