Chapter 4.

After a few hours of training 2vs2 the tennis boys walked into the gym not looking really tired or anything like that, after their practice match.
As they walk in the attention of the girls is drawn onto them.

"Sorry for coming late! Traffic!" Ren, the captain of the boys tennis club said. With their coach right beside him.

"No problem, just come in and make teams of two with the girls!" Izumi said as all the boys were now in the gym looking for partners.

Izumi was great at coaching the team, definitely better then you were.
At least thats what you always thought. That she could be a better captain because of how well she keeps the team together, but Izumi never thought that she was better then you. She always thought of how good you were in a leadership position, how you kept everyone on the ground and how you made everyone love the sport.
You reminded them why they were playing the sport to begin with.

You were in your thoughts, drinking some water when you saw Ren walking towards you with an excited face.
"You wanna team up?" He asked and you quickly responded with a nod.

Some first years were playing while you streched yourself, because you and Ren went up against the winner next.

"You gonna serve first or should I?" Ren asked wanting to start a conversation with you.

"You sound like I'm scared." You let out, now looking at him annoyed.

"I heard you were pretty good at serving so I just wanted to give you an opportunity to show of." He smirked clearly wanting some reactions out of you.
You were annoyed by every word he said at that point. Getting a headache just by hearing his voice.

Do you look like you do this sport just to „show of" or anything like that?

You loved to play tennis, you even thought about playing it professional but your mom quickly smashed that dream talking about how she wanted you to live her dream of becoming a lawyer.

„Hey, we're up!" Ren said, pulling you out of your thoughts.
You quickly nodded and got ready. While walking on the court you notice that the door opened.
Everyone's head turned and then their eyes went wide.
Wakatoshi Ushijima was standing in the door.

You quickly gave him a smile and nodded in the direction of the benches.

Ren's eyes filled with jealousy after seeing you smile at Ushijima.

Why the fuck is he here? For her? He hasn't got a crush on her, right?

It wasn't a secret that Ren got an eye on you for some time. He wouldn't say it was a crush but a rather 'I want her, nobody else can have her' situation.

Wakatoshi took seat on one of the benches, eyes on your figure as you got in position.

However he was not prepared for your best friend to take him into a choke hole.

"Why are you here?" She asked trying to be as intimidating as possible, which was kinda hard, because she was scared of Ushijima, for sure.

Suck it ip Izu, you gotta asks him!

"To see Y/N practice and then walk her home." He said eyes never leaving you as the first game began.

"Do you like Y/N?" She asked keeping her eyes on the muscular volleyball captain.

He was shocked at first, but calmed down after a few seconds.

"Yes!" His bluntness shocked Izumi, but on the other hand was she relieved that he wasn't afraid to admit that he likes you.

"Are you gonna ask her out?" She asked the next question.
Still standing in front of him with her arms crossed.

"I don't know." His eyes left you and shifted to Izumi.

"Just ask her out, she won't stop talking about your boobs at lunchtime!" She said, while walking back to Chō, who was looking and trying to hear the conversation the whole time.

After being in a trance for a few seconds his attention went back to you on the court.
He had no idea what was going on, but don't worry even the author doesn't has a clue what was happening in this tennis match. ;)

You were serving and he was stunned by every move you did. If you would've played volleyball, your servings probably were on his level.
Even if it was a complete different sport he still thinks you would be amazing at everything.

Out of breath you looked over to Wakatoshi after winning another game. One game more and we get the set!

"One more game, Y/N, and we win the set!" Ren, next to you, said. He clearly was excited to win a set with you on his side.

"Come here!" You quickly said, getting near his ear to get your strategies out to him.

Wakatoshi saw red. Not because you were talking to a boy, no he wasn't that insecure, it was because Ren put his whole arm around your waist and pulled you closer to him while you were talking in his ear. Mimicking that you were his property.

"Noted!" Ren responded to your strategies, giving you a smile. You returned the smile and looked over to Wakatoshi who looked like he was about to kill someone just by looking at them. You chuckled and focused on the game.

You won the set and everyone packed together because it was getting pretty late.
Wakatoshi took his gym bag and waited outside the gym for you.

You quickly set down on the bench to drink some water, before you were going to the clubroom to change.

"We gonna play mixed again tomorrow, so wanna team up again?" Ren asked, smirking at you.

"That would be to boring!" You said, taking your bag and leaving to go to the clubroom.

You saw Wakatoshi waiting for you in front of the gym, hands in his pocket's.

"I'm just gonna change, wait for me here!" You informed him and went to the clubroom.