Chapter 2.

He was waiting for you in front of your house. Your umbrella tight in his hand.

It was still raining, not as much as the past days but you'll still had to take an umbrella with you if you didn't wanna get wet.

And your umbrella was waiting for you when you came out of the house. Smiling as you see him standing there.
He was wearing his uniform, neat as always, looking around but his head snapped immediately in the direction of the front door when he heard it close.

He started walking towards you. You smiled at him as he offered you his arm to link in, like you did the day before.
Getting as close as you did yesterday you took the opportunity to rest your head on his muscular arm. You were still tired, having only a few hours of sleep, because your sister had to take you into the middle school drama that happened yesterday at her school.

"Did you bring an umbrella with you today?" You asked. Not seeing one on him. Did he even have an umbrella at home? Surely he did.

"I didn't. I thought maybe we could walk home together like yesterday?" He looked at you, hope in his eyes. Which was crashed shortly.

"We're gonna play mixed today so my practice is probably gonna be longer then yours. I don't want you waiting for me in the rain. You can walk home if you want." You sighed, really not wanting to practice longer today, but you had to wait for the boys.
They said they would come late because they had a training match with 'some shitty ass school'. Not your words, theirs.

"Can't I just watch you practice then?" He was exited to see you practice again. The first and last time he saw you practice he was stunned by everything you did. Your stamina was on another level, your body movements, your control over the ball and your-

"I don't know," his thought were quickly interrupted with an unsure tone in your voice, "I mean you can but I don't know if the coach's gonna like it. Usually she doesn't like audience. But you're like the golden boy of the school, so maybe she will love you." You said calm but exited.

Ushijima Wakatoshi was loved by everyone. He had a lot of fan girls and just in general a lot of fans. So hopefully your coach wouldn't mind him sitting on the bench watching for a short time.

"You sound unsure." He said. And yet again you look up in his eyes and don't see any emotions.

I'm so bad at reading emotions, jeez.

"But I'm not unsure, I'm sure it's not a big deal." You assure him.

Even if your coach didn't like audience at all, because it's only distracting the team in her perspective, you could make some great points, on why it would be a great idea to have Ushijima watch your practice.

"Really?" He said, with excitement in his undertone. Smiling just a little, which you gladly didn't see, because you were focused on the road ahead of you.

Ushijima didn't like the idea of you knowing he liked you. It was unsettling with him, because he was sure you just saw a friend in him. No one as great as you would ever like someone like him. That's impossible.

"Don't worry, as already stated Sir, you are loved by everyone so no one is gonna say anything." You said, joking on the 'sir' part. You looked up at him and smiled. But your smile quickly dropped.

"That's not true." He stated, looking at the ground and tightening his grip on your umbrella.

"What?" You looked at him confused.

How could he say that? That's bullshit! Every teacher that has him bragg's about having him as a student.
And he has like hundreds, if not thousands, of fangirls, who all love him. He also has so many people that look up at him.

How could he say that?

"I'm not loved by everyone." His voice was at a low volume, so only you could hear his voice.
It was as if his voice was made just for you to hear it.

Then it hit you. He's right. How ignorant of you to think he's loved and liked by everyone.
Your eyes fell to the ground, wondering if what you said made him upset. Urgh your emotions are getting the best of you, probably because you're too tired.

"Well that's true but still you're very likeable." You say, trying to fix your conversation.
Even though it didn't needed any fixing.

He smiled at your words. His heart beating faster.

She thinks I'm likeable.

Likeable

What a weird word.

-

You two talked about practice and school for some of the time, but mostly you walked in an comfortable silence next to each other, just enjoying each other's company.

When you arrived at your school you quickly looked at him and said goodbye, wishing him good luck on his math test that he talked about earlier.
After he said his goodbye as well you both separated way's.
He was on his way to his best friend, and you were on your way to your best friend. The both of you were about to dump all the information you got to their best friend.

He was walking with a slight smile through the hall's of the school stopping when he arrived at his small friendgroup.

„Ohhh Wakatoshi, why are you in such a good mood today? Someone took your offer to get walked home?" Tendou asked only getting a nod with a smile from his friend.

Tendou was already prepared to hear about you for the next couple of hours. He was used to it by now, he kinda enjoyed it, because he was happy that Wakatoshi found something other then volleyball to talk about.

Tendou knew that his best friend was in love. Just by the way Wakatoshi's mood changed the second he laid his eyes on you.

He knew that his best friend was heavy in love.

That's why he was a little bit scared what will happen when you potentially break his best friends heart.