Chapter 14.

Your foot stepped in the Sendai City Gymnasium, where you would be watching your first ever volleyball match.

Izumi was right beside you, holding the bubble tea, you bought her, in her hands and drinking it with a smile.
Ways to bribe her. You thought to yourself and smile.

The weather was as always, raining, but everyone in the gymnasium were still enjoying the moments, before the big game started.

Shiratorizawa was the favorite of the season and everyone is expecting them to win, especially with Wakatoshi as the ace. 

"It stinks in here." Izumi let out abruptly, without filter.

You turn to her. "You sure know how to kill the mood." You roll your eyes playfully and both of you started to chuckle.

"What's so funny?" You hear a voice behind you. Immediately knowing who that voice belonged to, you quickly turned around.

Time was frozen for a few seconds when you saw Wakatoshi in his sport clothes.

"I'll grab some snacks and let you two lovebirds sort things out." Izumi let out annoyed and walked away.

You came back to your senses. Thankfully.

"You look good... in your, you know, uniform. Is it a uniform? I don't know." The nervousness could be heard from a mile away.
Why the hell am I talking like this? You thought to yourself.

Wakatoshi let out a low chuckle, which affected you even more.

He quickly checked you out. "You really wore it." He let out almost like he couldn't believe you were wearing his jersey, which you did with pride, of course.

He came up to you the day before, handing it to you with a nervous look on his face. It was his way of showing people that you're his, even though he didn't even ask you out on a proper date.

"It's so freaking comfortable. You'll never get it back." You smiled and he grinned at your statement.

"It's yours from now on. I don't need it anymore, it's too small anyway." He said looking you deep in the eyes, which made you nervous.

"Too small? If I wouldn't have tucked it away a little bit I could wear it as a mini dress." You say as a joke but also a little bit shocked, not believing what he just said.

He just let out another low chuckle and then a silence began to creep up. It wasn't an uncomfortable silence, mostly because you were used to it but also because he was concentrated on seeing you in his jersey and you were concentrated on his... well, everything.

"You look really good in my jersey." He breaks silence, looking you deep in the eyes.

You weren't a person who got flustered easily, but that statement just turned you into a tomato.
You had to collect your thoughts before saying anything, so you wouldn't say something stupid.

He on the other hand didn't even realize what that sentence did to you. It was just his brutal honest thought, that he just bluntly said.
You look absolutely stunning in his jersey, and no one in this world could ever look as good as you did.

"You, sir, look very attractive winning your games, so... go out there and win this shit." You smile at him, still a little bit red. And still trying to act normal again.

"Oh, I didn't know you liked that?" He smirked. Something you never knew he could do.
Also seeing him flirt was weirdly attractive.

"I do now." You smile in nervousness.
It was unbelievable for you, that the Ushijima Wakatoshi was flirting with you. Even the bare thought of this was making you believe you were dreaming, you had to.

"I'll win." He said with a confident smile.

Without noticing he pulled you into a slight hug and kissed your forehead.
And then he walked away. Like he didn't just do that.

Quickly you turn to him and say: "You sure have a lot of guts today, to be doing all that stuff." You say.

He turns around towards you and smiles without saying anything.
But then he decides to say something anyway. "Just feeling confident. I'll look for you in the stands."

"That's disgusting." Izumi said, referring to you and Wakatoshi.

You kinda flinch at her sudden appearance.
"Stop scaring me." You let out. "And also shut up. You're just too single."

She turned to you and looked at you with a 'are you serious' look on her face. Still taking sips from her bubble tea.

"Don't give me that look." You sigh and she started smirking at you.

And so with that you and Izumi make your way to the stands and take a seat in the front row.

"You think he'll loose?" Izumi let out while looking at the court.

"I haven't seen him play that much. Only like one time, but I screamed at him for most of the time so..., I don't know. Everyone talks so big about him, that I believe he'll win easily. But I also wanna see him win, if you get what I mean." You explain, using your hands for most of the words.

"You talk so god damn much about him." Izumi says annoyed. "I hope he looses." She mumbled, more to herself. She did however meant that to 100% and would say it again.

"Stop being a hater Izu." You paused for a second. "He's sweet and kind and I really like him. He's a giant gentleman, who can take care of me." You smile slightly.

"He can also ignore you for a sport." Izumi mumbled again, knowing you will still hear and respond to her statement.

"A sport he plays longer than he knows I exist." You justify the situation.

"Stop with talking yourself down or making it sound like it's nothing. You make yourself sound worth less than a fucking sport." Izumi stops abruptly to take a breath and to not get too mad. "If he would've really love you he would've chose you over the sport."

"Don't say that." You look at her disappointed. "And it's not that serious of a relationship yet, we are still teenagers."

"Then tape my mouth shut. He was fine, before he ignored you out of the blue and made you depressed for a whole week. Making you think you ain't worth it. He's not all that." She returned the disappointed look to you and angrily sipped her bubble tea.

"You really gonna argue with me right before his game?" You gave her a 'are you serious look'.

"I am not arguing. I am stating you facts and my opinions about your boyfriend." She let out, knowing she won the argument.

"He's not my boyfriend." You roll your eyes.

"Yeah, exactly." She also rolled her eyes and chuckled slightly.

—————
Not me having this conversation with my best friend just a week ago. Anyway, let's ignore my shitty ass love life. Fun fact: at the beginning of the story I was single then taken and now single again. This story is stronger than my last relationship please.
Also work's been killing my ass because I have to work overtime like every day but I promised myself to write more.