Chapter 7.

Oh no.

You and Wakatoshi were in the back seat, while your sister was in the passenger seat.
Thank god your sister couldn't shut her mouth, because she was preventing your mother to ask questions that you didn't wanna answer.

„When is your next match again, N/N?" That nickname again.
Your mother was quite the strict on, so that nickname resulted in you getting in trouble with her.

„It's next week, mom. But you work at that hour, so don't worry about it." Your hands laid in your lap, your eyes switch between your sister and the back of your mother's head.

„Oh, that's a shame. I would've enjoyed watching it." Your eyes were focused on your hands, while you let out a sigh.

That's such a lie.

She hasn't visited one of your match in forever, and she never showed interest in you playing tennis. All she ever thought about was you becoming a lawyer, you living her dream.

„Don't worry, I will have a lot of games this year. You can come to the next one." You smile at your mother. If she plays pretend, then you can too.

„So, Ushijima Wakatoshi it was? Right?" Your mother looked at Wakatoshi through the mirror. Her eyes were serious, like she was gonna kick him out of the car, in just a few seconds.

„Yes, ma'am." He said with very much calmness in his tone. Hopefully he wasn't so weirded out by your mother.

„Do you play any sports?" She asked, knowing how it's gonna turn out, you tensed up.
You were just hoping she wouldn't make him leave you. You liked having Wakatoshi around you, it was peaceful with him by your side. 

„Yes, Volleyball, since I was little." His tone when he spoke to your mother was different. It was held with a lot of respect and a lot of politeness, but yet you had the feeling that he didn't really meant it. Like he played her game of pretend.

„Oh, that's so nice. N/N plays tennis since she was 8 years old, I guess it's all thanks to her father. He played tennis through out his whole life, but he never made it to the professionals. He just wasn't good enough, that's why I always tell N/N, that she should focus on her academics more and not that stupid sport." Your mother spit out, the hatred she has towards your father was clearly heard, and you could also hear the hatred towards your sport.

Luckily the car finally came to a stop, meaning you were at your destination. Now you were hopefull that everything will turn out good.

But your mother turned around and looked Wakatoshi deep in the eyes.

"Don't forget that, boy. Your academics are more important, if you really wanna make it in life." You were shocked, at hearing her say that. She looked at you and then smirked. What was that?

How could she say something like that to him? And how could she say that in such a tone, like she warned him not to be like your father.

Your eyes fell to your hands again. You were ashamed of your mother.

"If someone wants to make it in life, they should do what they love, and not what they're forced to." Wakatoshi said. Your head shots up surprised, and immediately looked for your mothers. Her expression was covered with the feeling of shock. Never did someone talk back to her like that.

She was the boss, not only in her office but also at home and every alse where. She did not expect Wakatoshi to talk back to her like that.

Your mother let out a chuckle.

"You remind me of N/N's father." She smiled at Wakatoshi and looked at you.

"Have a good day at school today. Pay attention and do good!" She said while smiling, but then turned around and gripped the steering wheel tight.

"See you at dinner." You said and smiled at your sister, then exited the car with Wakatoshi. You looked after the car, while it took off.

"Sorry for that, I hope she didn't offend you in anyway." You turned to Wakatoshi, who was standing next to you with your umbrella in his hand, and try to force a smile. He looked at you with one brow up, confused on why you would have the thought of faking a smile.

"Don't worry." He smiled and held out his arm so you could link in like always.

You smiled at him. Is it so selfish of me to want him to only smile at me?

Your thoughts were interrupted by a redhead that appeared just next to you.
You flinched a little when he started talking, because you didn't notice him at all.

"Waka, is that Y/N?" The redhead asked, while his eyes were beaming at you. ( my headcannon is that Tendou calls Wakatoshi WakaWaka and starts dancing like Shakira, prove me wrong )

Wakatoshi nodded and looked at you.

"Y/N, thats Tendou. Tendou, thats Y/N." He introduced you to each other, and you took your arm off Wakatoshi and stretched it out to Tendou.

Tendou looked at your hand surprised, but quickly smiled and shook it.

"Nice to meet you, Y/N." He said and you agreed and return the kindness.

"Y/N!" You heard from a distant. As you looked up, you saw Izumi running towards you.

"Izumi, stop running you're gonna fall." You say while walking towards her, Wakatoshi and Tendou following you shortly.
You embrace Izumi in a hug and smile at her. And then looked at Wakatoshi while smiling.

"I'll see you later?" You ask him as you look at him, and him only.

The fact that you only have eyes for him, made him blush and feel the butterfly's in his stomach.

"Yes, of course." He smiles and you say your goodbyes to the two boys and walk away with Izumi.

"Shes lovely." Tendou said and looked at Wakatoshi, with beaming eyes.

Wakatoshi agreed to that. She was everything he ever wanted, and more.

-
hey Author note again,
i got my laptop to work again so i could write on it and I'm stressing cuz so much happend. I dropped out of school and like go to work still and yeah a lot is going on.
Life has not been great but im still determined to finish this book.

and thanks for 100 reads, this means a lot to me! I love each and everyone of you out there who read this :3

bye bye