Chapter 10.

„So, Y/N L/N." The career advisor says, looking at the papers that hold your information.

„Your grades are more than perfect, plus your great at your sport, and your class president. Do you wait for a sport scholarship or any other scholarship's from special universities?" He asked looking at you.

I don't know.

What is even happening right know?

Focus, don't you dare lose your mind!

„I won't continue playing tennis, so I'm not hoping for a sports scholarship," you began, „I-," you stopped yourself.

Get your shit together!

„I would like to study law."

„Oh, that's great. Your grades are perfect for that! Do you already have a preference in universities or do you have no idea?" He smiled, happy to see someone who wants to study law.

„Tohoku University or The University of Tokyo, are my two priorities to get accepted." You say, without an expression on your face. You copied that cold face from Wakatoshi.

„The top universities, I see. With your grades, I don't think it's going to be a problem. Tohoku is located in Miyagi, so you wouldn't have to move too far away. But, apply to other universities as well, just to be safe. And do some research on the bar exam's from the last years, so that you get used to it already." He looked at you with hope, a look you never got from your mom.

„You can do this!" He says and dismisses you.

Standing in front of the door you let out a breath of relief.

He was open about it, and encouraged you, that means he thinks you could get into law school, and maybe even pass, so there's a good chance that you can become a lawyer.

That's great. For... me.

But was it?

„L/N-san!" You knew that voice, it was a first year that was new in the tennis club. The bubbly one, you think.

Just now it hit you that you had a club, for a sport that is played mostly alone or at max in an duo. How dumb is that? But at the other hand, you had to make a club or else-

„L/N-san." The smaller girl repeated your name, interrupting your thoughts.

„Yeah?" You smile at her, trying hard to focus, with so much on your mind.

„We first years have some free periods, because a lot of our teachers are sick, and we wanted to ask if you could maybe unlock the clubroom for us?" She asked shyly, mostly looking at the floor. She's adorable.

„Okay, no problem," you smile, „but I will give you the keys, so you can clean up and everything. Just return the keys to me at lunch." You hand her the keys for the clubroom and the gym.
The first years would learn to take care of the gym and clubroom early, so that you could retire after your spring matches.

„Okay, thank you so much." She takes the keys and runs away in excitement. You just grin to yourself.

And just like that it was already lunch time.
Today the cafeteria wasn't that full, because a lot of teachers were sick, so a LOT of students ended their day earlier.

Your feet set foot in the cafeteria, and you breathed in the delicious smell of food. Your eyes closed and enjoyed the smell, knowing damn well you ate not enough today.

But you could enjoy that smell only for a second, because as you open your eyes again you saw familiar hair sticking out of the crowd, from the middle of the room.

You squint your eyes, maybe you were wrong and it was just someone with similar hair, but you weren't. Right beside the olive haired men was a loud redhead, and it looked like they were sitting with the whole team.

Izumi noticed you staring in one direction and looked as well.

„Asshole." She cursed unser her breath, thinking you didn't heard it, and quickly turned around to get herself food.

„What's up?" Chō said, scaring you. You jumped and looked at her.

„You scared me." You said, trying not to turn to Wakatoshi and look what he was doing.
Chō just laughed at you and grabbed a tablet to get some food.

You just followed their actions, still glaring at Wakatoshi from time to time. You couldn't believe that he was ignoring you, like you were just one of his fangirls.

„Y/N, sit down." Izumi says, looking up at your standing figure, noticing that you were just standing up and staring over at the volleyball captain.

„What's up with you?" She asked while you sat down. „Is it because Ushijima is ignoring you?" Izumi knew you. She could sense if there was something wrong with you.

„Yeah. He was lovely and polite and all the other stuff just yesterday, and now he's ignoring me." You huffed, taking a bite of your apple and looking over to him.

Were you really loosing your mind, because a boy just ignored you? How pathetic are you?

To your surprise you locked eyes with Tendou. He looked at you surprise but then his eyes turned sad and he broke the eye contact.

You push your food to the side and rest your head on the table, with your forehead pressing on the table.

„Why me." You mumble, barely being heard from your friends.

„If I were you I would slap him in front of his team, and half the school. If I were you, I would just slap him every time I saw him." Chō said taking a peak at the team.
„Oh shit, hold on, I take that statement back, they would destroy me." You laughed at her notice, at how well build the volleyball club was. 

„Shut up." Izumi glared at Chō.

„If not I will just turn up to his next game cheering for the opposite team," you mumble again but raise your head for the following statement, „or I'm just gonna become an Oikawa fangirl." You grin, forehead slightly red from laying on the table.

Izumi laugh's.
„Why are you laughing?" Chō ask's, raising one eyebrow. Izumi continued laughing.
„What did I miss?" Chō was getting frustrated.

„Y/N and Oikawa went to the same junior high, right?" She looked at you for approval.

You nodded.
„He was in another class, but I was teaching one of his friends in physics." You add to your backstory.
„But that was years ago, I don't even think the friend that I teached remembers me."

Your head snapped in the direction of Wakatoshi when you saw him get up from his seat. Your heart was racing and your mind was fogged up. You stood up, without even realizing and walked over to the volleyball team.

„Wakatoshi?" You said softly as you came to a halt behind the whole team. Everyone of them turned around, wanting to know who called for their captain.

A few faces you recognized from just seeing them around Wakatoshi a couple of times, but the rest were unknown to you.

As you stopped looking at the faces you did and didn't know, you realized something. Everyone was turned around, except for Wakatoshi.

„Can we talk?" Your voice was shaking, probably because so many eyes were on you.

He didn't answer you, he just started walking away, not looking back once.

Your heart broke into a million pieces.

You let out a silent „oh" and stood there. After a few seconds you turned around and got back to your seat next to Izumi, hitting your head on the table as you hold back tears.

It's not that deep, we weren't even dating, or anything like that.