Chapter 12.

You exited your house and looked around.

No Wakatoshi today.

As you felt your heart sink a little you opened your umbrella, well not 'your' umbrella, more like your mother's umbrella, but that's not the point.

You walked to school like you did every day, but without Wakatoshi.

After your little chitchat in the rain a few days ago he didn't walked to school with you anymore, his mother was driving him.

But he visited you a couple of time between lessons and walked with you to practice once. 
He made an effort, but kept his distance.

You let him take that distance. His well-being was more important to you, and if that meant that he would talk less to you that's fine, you then have more to talk about when actually going out or meeting each other.

You acted like you didn't care that he talked so little to you, but you worried, a lot.
Because of the possibility that he forgets you completely, or you stop having an interest in him or maybe he found someone better.

This affected you a lot.
You had a couple of games yesterday and today and still did well on them, but inside your head you were collapsing.

"You were amazing L/N." You heard one of the first years say, referring to the duo game you just played with Izumi.

"That was a good game. Let's get some rest." Izumi said, looking at you with a big smile. She was proud of herself and of course you, for winning against such a good rival.

"Hey, you two! Get some rest until tomorrow!" Chō said walking up to you two.

"Should we eat something? Everyone did so good today, we need to reward ourselves!" One of the second years girls said. Pretty much everyone played at least one game today, and all of them were pretty good.

"We're already going, you girls want to come, so we all can eat in a group." Ran stated as he walked up with the boys team, not daring to look at you.

Your head dropped in tiredness, after you sat down, and let out a heavy sigh.

I'm exhausted.

"Y/N? You coming?" Izumi placed a hand on your back, trying to make you look at her.

"Oh, no, I can't. I have to study for the upcoming math test." You smile while rejecting her offer, but deep inside you, you were breaking apart.

Just a little rest wasn't gonna make a difference, with the exhaustion you felt, you needed a few days off.

"Okay, just eat enough, and get some rest!" Izumi said and Chō, who was standing right next to her, nodded her head in agreement.

You smiled at them, thanking them deeply from inside your head.

"Will do." You smile.

Everyone said their goodbye to you and you went home, wanting to sleep immediately.
But you stopped yourself.

You stood in your room, looking around, trying to find something that brought joy to you.

Ever since Wakatoshi ignored your presence, you weren't the same.

Deep inside you felt like something was missing. Like your heart was missing and instead there was air filling up the place your heart laid.

Your eyes feel to your desk, papers spreading all over it.

Exhausted.

You felt so exhausted.

"What am I doing with my life?" You asked yourself.
"I'm trying to make my mother's dream my life just for her love and approval."

Thinking out loud made you realize how stupid your life is.

-
Author note :)
So...
What happened to me after disappearing for months? Well... cutting it short for ya: Your girl started working at a law firm and is now on her way to becoming a lawyer. I needed to go back to school but work part time to get the experience.
So if you ever need a lawyer, hit me up, but only in like 10 years
Anyways
It was lovely to have you this evening, see you tomorrow.... or not
;)