Chapter 4

Having placed at the top of his class during medical school and being one of the more talented and younger doctors in Thailand, Vegas was frequently invited to conferences as a representative of Kinn's hospital and his country.

However, since his whole cheating incident, these conferences became more difficult to attend. Before, Vegas regularly brought his partner along to these events so naturally, when he began attending alone, it gave people the perfect opportunity to gossip and talk about it.

Vegas hate being in the center of attention, but what he hated even more was when people pitied him. On several occasions, people felt the need to come up to him to question him on his relationship; some tried to share their experiences of failed relationships in attempt to make him feel better while others told him that 'there were many fish in the sea'.

These events became more draining than anything else. The moment Vegas stepped foot into the venue, all he wanted to do was leave. But that all changed three months ago. For the first time in three months the medical conference wasn't half as bad.

This event was one of the smaller ones Vegas was invited to. He begged Kinn to take him off this guest list, but Kinn refused. The night began as usual, he walked in, wanted to leave and then was welcome by his fanclub of elderly people who wanted all the latest details about his love life.

'How have things been going, Dr. Theerapanyakun?' one of the senior cardiologists asked.

Vegas smiled and looked around, in hope someone who come and change the course of the conversation. 'Things have been good. Just busy with work.'

'Have you started seeing someone again?' one of the elderly ladies asked. 'My daughter recently broke up with her boyfriend. Would you like to introduce her to you?'

'Damn,' Vegas thought. 'Could they be anymore direct?'

Just as Vegas was about to answer the question, a young male had joined the circle. With a champaign glass in his hand, he draped his arms around two of the male doctors and bowed slightly, greeting them. He seemed drunk, but when Vegas heard him speak, he realised that he was just someone who tended to smile a lot. It was annoying, but refreshing and Vegas couldn't help but smile each time they made eye contact.

The male seemed to hold conversations better than anyone he had ever met. Words naturally flowed out his mouth, people were actively engaging with him and laughing along with him. How was he so good at being social?

Vegas wasn't exactly paying attention to what he was saying, he was just simple mesmerised by him. He had perfectly set hair, the most beautiful smile and he wore a simple black suit and turtle neck that looked like it was made just for him. Vegas couldn't fathom how someone could be so adorable yet so seductive at the same time.

'You're staring,' he finally heard someone say. Vegas had been so captivated by the other male that everyone around him grew silent as he focused on him.

'Huh?' Vegas blinked and shook his head trying to gather himself. 'Yeah, oh, I'm sorry,' he added.

Vegas was embarrassed which he knew was obvious because his heard tended to become red at such times. He slowly looked around hoping, for the first time, to see the other professionals that were previously with him. But, they were no longer there. It was just the unfamiliar and attractive man he couldn't keep his eyes off.

'Fuck-' Vegas let out. His heart beat faster and he looked down at the floor, unable to make eye contact.

'It's okay,' the other said as he placed his hand on Vegas's shoulder and giggled.

'Fuck. Why was he so attractive?' Vegas thought to himself.

'I'm Pete,' the male spoke out again. 'Dr. Pete Saengtham, cardiothoracic surgeon. But you can just call me Pete,' he added, with a wide smile and his hand out gesturing for a handshake. 'And you are?'

---

I just dropped a VegasTay Fiction today! Do check it out if you're interested! It's called 'Forbidden Love' - VegasTay

Come let's be friends over on Twitter @bsumonesumettikul

Till tomorrow...