Chapter 7

With every opportunity he was afforded, Vegas looked over at Pete. He seemed a lot more calm than he was. 'Was he really more calm?' Vegas thought. 'How could he possibly be so calm?' A magnitude of thoughts flooded him in that moment. But all he did was observe Pete. He couldn't seem to take his mind of the other. Pete was just so mesmerising; he was so perfect...

Vegas' gaze moved down to Pete's lap where their hands laid, still intertwined. He smiled softly. He couldn't fathom why Pete was so willing to partake in this unexpected fake relationship. What was he to gain from this? Vegas knew he was nothing more than just a stranger to Pete, yet he was still willing to make such a significant sacrifice?

'Dr. Theerapanyakun?' Pete whispered causing Vegas to immediately focus all his attention on the male.

'Mmh?' he spoke, incapable of saying anything more.

Pete moved his chair closer to Vegas and without saying anything laid his head on his shoulder. Vegas' immediately stopped breathing and tensed up when the other made contact with him.

'Are...are you okay?' Vegas stuttered. He didn't quite understand why he was behaving this way; why was he stuttering? Why couldn't he seem to control his behaviour around someone he had just met for the first time?

Pete looked up at Vegas, his doe eyes causing a pang in his heart. Gosh, he was so attractive. Vegas clenched his jaw and tried to smile.

Pete nodded and smiled widely. 'I'm all good,' he whispered before winking and looking down again.

Vegas seemed to notice that Pete was focused on their hands. Additionally, it appeared that he didn't want to let go... Vegas didn't fully understand why Pete had responded the way he did, but while it lasted he still wanted to be a good fake boyfriend.

Vegas leaned back in his chair to make himself more comfortable and stretched his free arm around Pete's chair slightly pulling him into his embrace.

The lights dimmed and Vegas knew the event was about to start... Public speaking was not something he enjoyed doing, but these types of events always warranted a speech of sorts that required significant amounts of time to prepare.

Worry fell over Vegas when he realised that it was soon his turn to speak. He closed his eyes, trying to dull out all the noise in the room and began reciting what he could of his speech.

'Let's welcome Dr. Theerapanyakun!' A loud applause filled the room, making Vegas feel uneasy as he stood up. The once laying Pete, sat up straight and had turned to Vegas wearing an encouraging smile.

'Good luck-' he whispered and finally let go of Vegas' hand. 'You got this! If you get nervous just look for me okay?'

A warmth filled Vegas' heart knowing he had someone there supporting him. After all this time, this genuine encouragement meant the world to him. He didn't was this fake relationship to end...Vegas bent down slightly and placed a kiss on Pete's forehead before walking up to the front feeling a lot less nervous than he previously was.

--- 

Here's chapter 2 for the evening! I hope you enjoy ^^