1 year anniversary - Special Chapter!

A year had passed since Pete had proposed to Vegas. That night on the beach meant everything to the both of them. Going from strangers who helped each other out at an event to lovers, despite having a rocky start, as they both looked back over their past few months together there was absolutely no denying how far they had come as a couple.

Being doctors, both Vegas and Pete had busy schedules that often overlapped and ate into majority of their free time. So unlike regular couples, these physicians didn't get much of an opportunity to go out on regular dates and spend much time together. Being in medicine, their time was either dedicated to working or sleeping and the minimal time in between that they attempted using to get to know each other better.

But Vegas and Pete came a long way as a couple. They learnt to make time for each other and they learn the value or appreciating the simple moments, especially since most of their dates (even on important dates like anniversaries) were instant noodle dinners in their offices for a couple minutes between surgeries.

It goes without saying, however, that Vegas and Pete, over the past few months, grew to loving each other even more each and every single day. Their careers obviously required a lot of them especially in the sense that they had to spend a lot of time trying to grow and adjust while maintaining and building on their relationship amidst the chaos.

But as day passed, the more they learned about each other and the more time they had spent together undoubtedly lead to them falling deeper and deeper for the other and each moment they got to actually discuss their futures together, be it their wedding or moving into a new home together, they couldn't help but be excited at the endless possibilities of their relationship and in their lives as partners.

Today, however, was a rather special day. Yeah, they did get a chance to celebrate special days together, but more of than not these days were interrupted by some sort of work emergency that forced them to return to the hospital. But today, they finally did everything in their power to actually work on getting their lives organised in such a way that these next 24 hours were dedicated to just them. They had allocated patients to other doctors for a while and rescheduled surgeries for other days - this couple had done everything they could to have a free day.

Pete was turning 29 today and Vegas knew how excited his lover gets for his birthday. Anniversaries and holidays would always be exciting to them as a couple, but if there was one day in a year that Pete absolutely adored it was his birthday. Vegas was only a couple months older than Pete, but even he knew how excited became as he count down to this celebration. Months in advance, he planned his outfit, counted down the days and even curated a perfect schedule of all the things he wanted to do to celebrate turning one year older.

But this year somehow felt different. Work had unexpected gotten significantly busier than it had been in the past few months and both Pete and Vegas were tired. So each time Pete was asked about his plans for his day, all he actually wanted to do was spend time at home, alone with Vegas doing nothing specific except enjoying each other's company and taking a moment to relax.

And Vegas understood where he was coming from. Even to him, he knew that these few hours off would do so much benefit and good it they used it to relax and catch up with each other for a little while. But Vegas also knew Pete very well and no amount of exhaustion could take away the excitement that he had because of his birthday. Pete seemed to be very clear about wanting to spend time at home doing nothing but relaxing, but this was the same Pete who knew exactly what he wanted to eat throughout the day, the same Pete who bought a new set of sleepwear for his birthday and the same Pete who had ordered his favourite cake for delivery to their apartment.

Vegas definitely knew better than to downplay this day and so he too had taken a moment to plan some incredible moments just to enhance the specialness of Pete's birthday.