Chapter 1

Zoey & Kelly's Townhouse 

Zoey strode across the living room and into the kitchen where her brother held out a mug to the blonde who graciously took it. "Are you sure you're ready to go back?" her brother asked with a very skeptical look on his face. "Yea, I need to start getting into a routine again. I've been cleared for over a month to go back. "Are you gonna be okay?" Kelly asked as he took a sip of his own coffee. Zoey just nodded, "I'll be okay, it won't get that bad again. I promise" she told him. "Just... talk to me before you hit that point Zo." her older brother said setting the mug down before walking over and engulfing her in a hug. "Need a ride to teh airport?" he asks letting her go, "No, Jay offered to take me," she replied surprising Kelly judging by the look he sent her. 

"We've just slowly started talking again, it's been difficult after." Zoey paused not wanting to say the words. Her older brother nodded his head slowly, "I can't even imagine, I love you Zo. Call me when you get back," Kelly said as the blonde finished off her coffee telling Kelly she loved him and picking up her go bag and headed for the door. 

Jay's light grey pickup truck sat across the seat bringing a smile to Zoe's face when she saw it. The blonde walked down the steps and walkway before walking around the truck and hopping in the passenger seat. "Hey," she said towards the attractive detective who smiled back at her. "How's it going?" he asked looking at her. "One day at a time right?" Zoey replied more as a question as Jay nodded and began driving towards the airport. "Look Jay, I'm really sorry for being such an ass," the blonde said from the passenger seat. Jay was silent for a moment but looked over to Zoey for a moment before returning his focus to the road. 

"I know how you're feeling Zo, I just wish you would've told someone how you were feeling. Anyone," the detective said as the grey pickup truck pulled into the carpool lane outside O'Hare. "Talking about what's bothering me has never been a skill any of us Severides have," she replies. "Trust me I know, I've never met a more stubborn family," the detective says causing Zoey to scoff and chuckle at the comment. "That's kinda ironic coming from you." the blonde said with a smirk. "We aren't talking about my stubbornness," Jay said with a laugh as he booped her nose. 

O'Hare International Airport, Chicago

Zoey laughed at the detective action as she shook her head, "Well if I want some energy drinks before I board the flight I should get going. Thank you for driving me," the blonde said sending a smile in his direction before grabbing her bag. "Yea, anytime. Text me when your back, I'll come pick you up," Jay told her as she hopped out of the truck. "Thanks, Jay, I'll um.. see you when I'm back," Zoey said awkwardly unsure of what to say to the detective before she make her way into the airport. 

The blonde grabbed 2 cans of energy drinks along her way to her gate as she thought about how weird things got with Jay. they weren't dating or hooking up, the two only just started talking again a week prior and it was the most awkward conversations. Neither one knew what to say and it still felt that way. Zoey and Jay never talked about what happened to their family and Severide didn't want to; not wanting to dwell on a dream that never made it into a reality. 

It didn't take Zoey long to get back to the airport in Quantico Virginia, and the first thing the blonde did was put a downpayment on a brand new Ferrari. The blonde had saved quite a bit over the years mostly due to overworking to distract herself from the bullshit in life. 

FBI Academy, Quantic Virginia

Zoey's bright red Ferrari pulled into the FBI academy's parking lot as the blonde backed her car into the parking space between Garcia and Reid's car. With a deep breath, she climbed out of the car holding her go bag and a large box of doughnuts as she locked her brand new sports car and walked into the elevator going up to the office. 

The metal box moved upwards as Zoey took a deep breath and let out a shakey one wondering how pissed and disappointed the team probably was with her. The elevator doors opened and the blonde walked out of the metal box slowly walking over to the glass doors to the BAU. 

Zoey walked through the door noticing most of the team talking to Morgan around the blonde desk, None of them noticing that she'd walked in yet. "Are you sure she's coming back?" JJ asked looking at Morgan, "Yea, what makes you think she wants to be back here?" Reid asked this time. "Because I can't live every day without seeing your beautiful faces," Severide said from behind them causing everyone's head to whip in the direction. 

"Severide!" Reid said excitedly as the team practically ran over to her, "Did you get- Double chocolate with extra sprinkles; Of course!" the blonde said cutting Reid off as she opened the box to reveal everyone's favourites. "Have we told you how much we missed you?" JJ asked as Zoey set the box down on her desk letting the team help themselves as Morgan engulfed her in a hug. 

"How are you doing superwoman?" he asked her, "Surviving," the blonde replied with a shrug as she broke away from the hug. "Just focusing on one day at a time and just trying not to dwell on the possibilities," Zoey replied with a sigh. "Severide! I didn't know you were back." Hotch said a bit surprised when he came out of his office but still walked over and embraced her in a hug. "Is that a Honey Glazed?" Hotch asks noticing his favourite doughnut in the box. "It's yours," Zoey said as Hotch smiled and took the baked good. "How are you feeling?" Hotch asked the blonde as Rossi walked into the office. 

"Look whose finally back! I knew you couldn't stay away," Rossi said walking over and enveloping Severide in a hug. "I'm really sorry for letting you guys down. I shouldn't handled things way better- Zoey stop, You don't have to apologize for needing some time to get yourself sorted out. After the year you had, we're all just glad you came back," Prentiss told her as the blonde tried to fight her tears as Hotch held out Zoey's badge and the gun she returned almost a month and a half ago. 

"Your position is yours if you want it," the older agent said, Severide smiled and took them from his hand placing them on her hip where they belonged. "I'll give you a chance to unpack your desk. I need the rest of you in the roundtable room," Hotch said looking at his team. 

The team made their way up to the round table room as Severide looked at her bag of desk stuff and go bag. The blonde turned and followed the team into the room taking her seat next to Morgan and Reid. "Though you were gonna settle in?" Rossi said more than asked, "I can sort it out later, I'd rather be here with the team making myself useful; if that's alright?" Severide said asking Hotch more than telling him. Hotch just nodded his head as JJ handed the agent a case file. 

In Too Deep (Agent Severide Book 3)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें