Chapter 18

Kelly & Zoey's Townhouse, Chicago 

4 weeks later Zoey was laying in bed curled up in Jay's arms, it had been a little over a month since she went on work leave due to her injuries. She did have a follow-up at Med later that afternoon to check on the progress of her recovery which thanks to her boyfriend she was actually taking quite seriously. 

Over the last few weeks, the detective not only stayed with her, made sure she took her medication on time, made sure she was eating and even helped her shower which was weird to her but then she remembered how many times they slept together and they almost had a baby together. In all honestly, she'd never met anyone who cared for her enough to help her in this kind of way. 

Zoey stood in the bathroom mirror after taking her first shower alone in over a month, she was wearing a white crop top and Jay's CPD sweat pants that were so comfy. The blonde stood there staring at where the bruises on her face once were along with cuts. They've all healed along with her concussion for the most part. Now all that was left was her ribs, her focus fell to her sides as she saw the fading bruises. 

Zoey looked up in the mirror to see Jay standing in the doorway behind her, with a sad look on his face before he walked closer and hugged her lightly from behind. A smile formed on her face as she rested her head back on him. "You okay, beautiful?" he asked, kissing her head. "Yeah, I'm good," Zoey said as she turned to face him in his arms; looking into his mesmerizing bright greenish-blue eyes that made her heart skip a beat. 

Jay had a million things racing through his mind as he admired his girlfriend's bright blue eyes. "Move in with me?" he finally asked catching Zoey by surprise. "What?" she asked softly not sure if she'd heard him right. "Cases come and go, people come and go I don't want us to be like that. I want us to come home from work and walk through our front door. On the good days and the bad I wanna come home to see you," Jay said causing Zoey to freeze speechless by his words. 

The blonde didn't know she could fall for this man any harder and yet some of the things he'd say would make her fall in love with him all over again. "Zo? please say something," he said trying to hide the panic on his face from her silence. The blonde still wasn't sure what to say so she closed the space between them pressing her lips to his passionately as her hands went through his hair as she deepened the kiss. "Is that a yes?" he asked breaking the kiss with a smile as Zoey nodded her head yes before their lips crashed together. 

They continued to make out as Zoey's hand travelled to the belt of his pants when he stopped her. "We can't," he said softly, "Okay," was all Zoey said dropping her hands and walking away trying to hide the frustration that was beginning to surface. The blonde walked into the kitchen that was completely empty since Kelly left for work earlier, "I just don't wanna hurt you" Jay said following her. "I'm not made of glass Jay," was all Zoey said trying not to seem irritated as she looked for something to eat even though she wasn't hungry. "What's wrong?" he asked from behind her, Zoey stood and closed the fridge. "Nothings wrong," she lied going to walk past him, "Zoey- Jay it doesn't matter," she said honestly. "Talk to me, please," he said softly looking into her eyes. 

Zoey sighed, "I'm frustrated Jay okay," she replied honestly confusing him. "We haven't done anything in like 2 months and at first I knew I had to let myself heal but-" Jay cut her off by crashing his lips on hers. The blonde instantly started kissing him back as he picked her frame up and sat her on the bathroom counter. Zoey's hands travelled down to his belt as she started undoing it. "You sure?" Jay asked worried, "Jay please," Zoey said desperately as the detective picked her up and carried her across the hall and into her bedroom setting her on the bed. 

Zoey instantly pulled his belt and pants off as Jay pulled her crop top over her head leaving her chest completely bare. The blonde smirked making eye contact with him as she bent over slowly pulling the sweat pants off seductively. Jay licked his lips at her before smashing his lips on hers again. 

Zoey lay her head on Jay's bare chest, they were still both a little out of breath from their recent activities. "You okay?" he asked wanting to make sure she was okay. "Yea, that was long overdue" she replies smirking at him. "Agreed," he says with that smirk that she loved so much. Zoey moved so she was straddling the detective again as she smirk leaning down and pressing her lips to his. She shifted her hips a little causing a moan to escape his lips softly, turning her on in the process. "Round 2?" she purred in his ear as she bit her lip, "Where, have you been all my life?" he asked flipping them over so he was now hovering over her. "Here, There and Everywhere" she replied with a sassy smile as Jay pressed his lips to hers. 

Their lips moved in sync when Jay's phone rang interrupting them. The detective broke the kiss and reached over and answered the phone. "Hey, Shit really? Yea we um lost track of time. We'll be there soon," Jay said before hanging up. "That was Will, We were supposed to be at your appointment 10 minutes ago," he said before standing up. "We're already late... wanna be really late?" she asked him still laying in the bed as he put his boxers on and pants. "How about after the appointment?" he asked negotiating. "Okay," she replies before standing up and getting dressed again before handing him the keys to her Ferarri. 

Jay and Zoey walked over to the front door and locked the door before walking over to the garage door and walking down the stairs into the 2 car garage. "So are you sure you wanna live with me?" she asked out of nowhere taking the detective aback. "Of course, you're not having second thoughts are you?" he asked pausing by the driver's side door and looking over to Zoey. "No, I'd love to it's just... I'm never home and when I am sometimes I just wanna drink for days over what I saw or I just wanna lock myself away from everyone in general." The blonde said before climbing in the car. "Through the good, the bad and the ugly I wanna be there for you if you let me," Jay said after climbing in the driver's seat. 

Zoey smiled at him, "Okay," she said softly leaning forwards and pressing lips on his. "I love you," she said softly breaking the kiss, "I love you too," he said with a smile before he started the car and drove out of the garage, down the driveway and off towards med.