Chapter 22

21st District Police Department, Chicago 

Zoey walked out of the breakroom with the file Garica sent over along with her coffee as she walked over to Jay's desk and stole his seat setting the coffee down and moving some things out of the way. "What are you doing?" Jay asked with a smirk looking at the blonde, "Well I'm on desk duty meaning the chances of me leaving the building is gonna be next to 0. So I'm gonna try to compare this case to the last one and try to be useful" Zoey replied not looking up as she started going through the papers. "Want some help?" Reid asked picking up some of the papers already scanning the page within a second before moving on to the next. "Be my guest," Zoey replied trying to read the page in her hand when she could feel Reid staring at her. 

Zoey looked up noticing he'd gone through all the pages except the one she had in her hand. "Here," she replied handing him the page before leaning back and taking a sip of her coffee as Jay stared at Reid. "Can he actually read that fast?" the detective asked from beside Zoey who nodded. "15 thousand words a minute- 22 thousand actually," Reid corrected. "Where did you find this kid?" Antonio asked. "We think he was dropped off on the doorstep of the FBI," Rossi said as Reid put the page down. 

"I don't think this is the same unsub," Reid said before walking over to the board. "He would be correct. Lynn Ramsay, Josh Ramsay and John Diggers are all in federal prison. "Garcia said popping up on the screen in front of Zoey. "So we have a Copy cat that knows details about a case that wasn't released to the public, fantastic" Zoey said with a sigh. That's one thing she could never warp her head around; how could someone do such horrible things to another person let alone copy some sickos ways? "What makes you think that?" Antonio asked Reid. 

"Well, the victimology change, and the hesitation marks, in this case, there are none in the first case," Reid said. "He hesitated? first, kill?" Severide asked, "I doubt that he seemed somewhat comfortable more like just hesitant on how he did it?" Reid said more than asked. "So our unsub switched emmo to match a case we've worked?" JJ asked. "Why though and why this case?" Morgan asked, "That's what we're gonna find out," Hotch said. "Morgan Rossi you go to the dump sites, JJ, Prentiss go talk to the families and see if they received any discs. Severide and Reid go down to the morgue and see what the autopsy says" Hotch said as the team split up and Reid and Severide made their way down the stairs after Zoey send Jay a small smile before she disappeared. "So how are things with you and Halstead?" Reid asked as they walked outside heading towards the blonde's Ferarri. 

Zoey smiled at the question, "We're actually moving in together," she said smiling as she pulled the driver's door open as a beep sounded followed by a loud boom before Zoey was thrown halfway across the parking lot smashing her back and head off something on impact. Reid was a few feet away from the car when the explosion sent him flying backwards. 

Everyone in a 3-block radius heard the explosion Zoey groaned in pain as her vision spun and blurred around her. A high-pitch ringing sound rang through her ears, the blonde went to move but was greeted by pain throughout her whole body. Zoey just lay there watching the blurry colours in front of her taking short breaths since the force knocked the wind out of her. 

Even though her blurred and spinning vision she knew the colours were fire, Zoey didn't have the energy to move so she didn't even know where she landed, what even happened? she thought to herself as blurry flashing lights came into view. The ringing in her ears slowly started to subside and she could hear sirens and screaming nearby but it was all faded like it was coming from down a hallway. "Severide" she could hear and name being called from afar, the blonde gasped and started coughing as her body finally started taking normal breaths again. 

Reid was the first back on his feet, he looked around for a moment as a high pitch noise rang through his ears. The doctor looked around for a moment confused as his vision slowly started to come back, the first thing he noticed was Zoey's brand new Ferarri was engulfed in flames. The car blew up? "REID! You okay?" it was Morgan as he looked over the agent. "Reid where's Severide?" Morgan asked him, "We were getting in the car and it just went off," he said still in shock. "SEVERIDE" Morgan yelled starting to scan the parking lot as Jay followed him looking for Zoey. 

It didn't take long for the fire department to arrive at the scene as Matt and Kelly climbed out of the truck. "What happened?" Kelly asked walking over to Reid who looked like he'd seen a ghost. "We were going to the car and it just exploded," Reid said looking at Kelly, his face dropped as he looked towards the fire. "Zoey, where's Zoey?" he asked starting to panic. 

Zoey's here?! "I NEED HELP OVER HERE" with that Kelly bolted off in the direction r running to the opposite side of the car in flames. The squad lieutenant found Morgan and Jay at least 20 feet from the car. Kelly ran over to find his little sister laying on the ground with blood coming from her nose and ears from what he could see from the flickering of the fire. " I NEED A BACKBOARD AND A C COLLAR," Kelly yelled. 

It didn't take more than a minute for both a Backboard and a c-collar. Kelly didn't waste any time getting the c-collar around her neck before Morgan and Jay helped him move Zoey onto the backboard before carrying the blonde agent over to gernie. "Her breathes are shallow and she had fluid in her left lung," Gabby said as they intubated the blonde shoving a breathing tube down her throat before they wheeled her off into the back of the ambulance along with Reid who needed to get checked over for any head trauma and Kelly also jumped into the back of the ambulance without hesitation as they took off to MED. 

Chicago MED

When they arrived Dr. Halstead and Dr. Rhodes took Zoey straight to the OR and Reid went to a trauma room where he was assessed by Dr. Choi. 

In Too Deep (Agent Severide Book 3)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara