Chapter 10

Molly's Bar, Bucktown Chicago 

Zoey wandered off to use the washroom, after she was done and went to wash her hands she stared into the mirror at her reflection. Everything she'd been pushing down for months and even years engulfed her causing a lump to form in her throat as she desperately tried to keep everything in. 

The blonde couldn't though it was as if she were a shaken soda can someone cracked open. Zoey took a deep breath splashing water on her face before she walked out of the bathroom and just rest her back on the wall just out of view from the bar. She sat there in a ball trying to just remember how to breathe and hoping whatever was going on with her would just pass. 

Zoey used her hands to cover her mouth trying to muffle her soft cries just hoping nobody would see her like this. Weak and vulnerable, she hated the feeling especially since that's exactly how Grissom made her feel and Jack. The thought caused more sobs to rack her body as she took short shallow, shaky breaths. "Hey Zoey, you okay" it was Jay's voice, she didn't move just sat there hugging her knees to her chest. "I got you," he said softly taking a seat next to her. "Can you look at me?" he asked softly, Zoey's teary gaze shifted from the floor up to Jay's face which was covered in concern and worry. "That's good, come here," Jay said as he pulled her into his hold letting her cry into his chest while they sat on the floor. 

The detective sat there holding Zoey while he rubbed her back slowly calming her down, after a few minutes her breathing steadied and she stopped crying and sniffling. The blonde turned slightly so she could face Jay who immediately looked into her eyes. "I'm sorry," She said as he frowned and shook his head. "You have nothing to be sorry for Zoey," he said softly moving a stray hair out of her face and tucking it behind her ear. "I love you," she said softly looking into his blueish-green eyes. "I love you too," Jay said with that smirk that drove Zoey crazy about him. The blonde leaned in closing the space between them allowing his lips to crash together, fireworks erupted in Zoey's stomach and her heart began beating faster; like it had been the first time they kissed. 

After a moment they broke the kiss as Zoey looked into his eyes," Wanna get outta here?" she asked causing a smile to form on Jay's features. "Yea," he replied simply as he stood up without a problem and held a hand out to Zoey who took it allowing him to help her to her feet only to have him pull her into him so he could press his lips to hers in a pretty smooth way in Zoey's opinion. 

Jay broke the kiss smiling at Zoey who smiled back at the detective before she took his hand in her's walking over to the table. "We're probably gonna head out, I'm exhausted," she said to the group that just look at her. "Okay Superwoman, have fun with lover boy," Morgan said with a smirk. "You know what, maybe I will" she replied laughing at their taken aback looks before she walked over to the bar and closed her tab and collecting her credit card. 

Jay and Zoey walked out of the bar and she could feel the smirk on his face as they walked over to the red Ferrari. "Whoa whoa, give me your keys," Jay said softly placing a hand on her shoulder to stop her in her tracks from walking over to the driver's side. "I'm fine- You just knocked back 2 double shots of tequila, You're not driving anywhere," the detective said holding his hand out for the keys which she gave to him. "But you drank too" she complained as Jay helped her into the passenger seat of her car. "I had 1 beer I was sipping all night," he said looking at her after helping her fasten her seat belt. "Oh" was all Zoey said only just starting to realize how drunk she was. 

Zoey & Kelly's Townhouse, Chicago 

Jay smiled and placed a kiss on her forehead and shut the door before walking around the car and climbing in the driver's seat. To say Jay looked like a kid in a candy store as he drove the Ferarri would be an understatement. Zoey let out a giggle at the sight as Jay pulled the red muscle into the driveway and parking in the garage. "Okay I love this car," he said with a smile at the blonde. "You look like a kid in a candy store," Zoey joked as she stumbled out of the vehicle. 

Jay got out of the car and instantly walked over to help a pretty drunk Zoey inside the house. He leads her up the set of stairs that let them out into the living room. The moment the garage door shut Zoey pressed her lips onto Jay's taking him by surprise. The dark-haired detective kissed her back as their lips moved in sync passionately. 

It was Zoey that broke the kiss nibbling on his lower lip causing a growl of frustration to leave his mouth as the blonde smiled crashing her lips on his again. It wasn't until her hands moved to his belt that he stopped her taking her wrists in his softly as he broke the kiss shaking his head. "I want to but not like this Zo," Jay said softly pressing his forehead on hers. "Let's get you to bed," He suggested as Zoey sighed nodding her head before she stumbled towards her room. Jay followed her making sure she didn't fall over. 

Jay helped Zoey into the bed where she just flopped down on the mattress causing him to let out a small laugh as he pulled her blankets over top of her before he started heading for the door. "Where are you going? please don't go" Zoey said softly as she watched him. Jay paused walking back over to the bed and kicking his shoes off before laying down next to the beautiful blonde he fell in love with months ago. The moment he laid down Zoey scooted her body against his so they were cuddling. Jay smiled draping his arm around the blonde, god he missed this so much since their small family fell apart. 

Zoey woke up to the sun blinding her causing her to groan and force her eyes open. She looked around noticing she was in her room, that's when her eyes landed on Jay's sleeping figure next to her. She smiled remembering how he drove her home and how she tried to sleep with him and he told her not while she's that wasted but they did end up having a pretty steaming makeout session. "Morning," Jay's sexy raspy morning voice said with his eyes still shut. "Morning," Zoey said softly looking at his face. He looked so peaceful, "We didn't do anything last night," he said opening his bright blueish green eyes to meet her bright blue ones. 

Zoey slightly scoffed, "Well that's lame," she said with a small smirk. "Really? why's that?" Jay asked her. "Because the one time I have the courage to make a move I screw it up by being too drunk," Zoey said sighing as she shook her head looking at her hands. "You. didn't mess. anything. up. Okay, beautiful?" Jay said placing a small kiss on her lips with each word. Zoey smiled at him for a moment but it fell once she looked away again. 

Jay sat up a little and placed his lips on hers, Zoey was a bit surprised but started kissing him back passionately. Their lips began to move in sync as Zoey moved so she was on top of the detective straddling his waist. The blonde smirked looking down at him as she peeled her shirt off tossing it on the floor. Jay licked his lips as he gazed over her chest where she had a bright red lace bra on. 

With one move Jay leaned forwards pressing his lips to hers again as his hands moved behind her back and he unclipped her bra tossing it on the floor before he flipped them so he was now hovering over Zoey who just bite her lip seductively at him; while he pulled his shirt off and tossing on the floor along with the other articles of clothes. 

Jay pressed his lips to Zoey's before he started placing kisses along her neck causing her to let out soft moans. He smirked into the kiss as his lips travelled down towards her breasts.