Chapter 9

Molly's Bar, Bucktown Chicago

Zoey sat at a table with her team along with Gabby, Antonio and Jay. The blonde kept quiet lost in thoughts as she had drink after drink. "You good?" Jay finally asked after she finished her 4th Whiskey and coke. His question caused everyone at the table to turn their attention toward Zoey. "Yea just, thinking" she replies with a small sigh, "Wanna talk about it superwoman?" Morgan asked. "What's there to say? It's all over and done with now," the blonde replied shrugging. "You don't have to hide that emotion anymore, it's not a secret you were forced to carry. Just talk to us kid," Rossi said. "I hate profilers sometimes," was all Zoey said. "Only because that half smile fake it till you make it attitude doesn't work with us," Morgan said with a smirk.

Zoey sighed looking at her team, "I really don't even know how to talk about it, I've been hiding it for 10 years just to have everything be shoved into the open," She said uncomfortably. "That wasn't something a 15-year-old girl should have been carrying alone," Prentiss said causing Zoey to shrug. "Well I watch toxic relationships my whole life not to mention that night was my first time being with anyone. Probably a reason why I have a tendency to date crappy men, I don't know," at this point, Zoey was a bit drunk hence why the conversation started becoming easier to talk about.

"Wait, he took your-" Kelly asked visibly angry but tried to hide the emotion, not well might I add. Zoey just slowly nodded "Your first is always shit that's just how it's supposed to go," the blonde said earning a bunch of looks. "Not like that," Antonio said in disbelief, "Well obviously, I'm just saying that even if it wasn't him it still would've been horrible, "Zoey replied. "No Superwoman No, that just means that the guys you slept with are bad in bed," Morgan said with a light laugh. "Not all of them," the blonde said with a smirk looking at Jay for a moment. The detective smiles and put his arm around Zoey, as the table got quiet, the blonde could tell her brother, Gabby and Antonio had questions but they weren't sure if they wanted to ask. "Just say it, you guys think any harder and steam will come out of your ears," Zoey said looking at the 3.

Kelly, Antonio and Gabby looked at each other then over to the blonde, "The day you came to stay with us back in high school?" Antonio asked, "Was the day after that happened." Zoey answered. "So the burn? wasn't from a curling iron?" Gabby asked as Zoey shook her head no, "It was from a cigar," she replied moving aside her hair to show the faded circle behind her ear. "Was that the night I went to April's?" Kelly asked causing Zoey to nod slowly yes. "Where the hell was dad?" Kelly asked her. "Passed out drunk on the couch, a fucking tornado ripping the house up wouldn't have woken him that night. I should've left when you did, maybe- Whoa, stop right there. You're not putting that on yourself Zo," Kelly said cutting her off. "Your right, that's mostly on Benny, he was supposed to be the adult, he shouldn't have been so intoxicated that he completely blacked out because if he hadn't been drinking I can almost guarantee what happened that night wouldn't have happened," Zoey said as she stood up. "I'm gonna go get another drink," she added as she stood up walking over to the bar with her empty glass and setting it on the counter.

"Another Whiskey and coke little Severide?" Herrman asked as the blonde smiled, "Can I actually get 2 double tequila shots?" she asked surprising the man as he nods and poured one of the shots setting it in front of Zoey who instantly downed the first like it was water as Herrman set the second shot down. "Thanks, Herrman," she said walking back over to the table with the second shot. "So that's why you don't talk to dad anymore," Kelly said looking at his sister who shrugged and downed her shot. "Why should I? When I needed him the most he wasn't there he did what he does best which was bail." Zoey said setting the shot glass down on the table. "Can we literally talk about anything other than my raging daddy issues please," Zoey asked getting irritated by the conversation.

Everyone looked at each other, "So when do you guys head back to work?" Jay asked changing the subject which earned him a thankful look from Zoey. "Tomorrow, speaking of which are you driving back superwoman?" Morgan asked. "I don't know it's like a 10-hour drive and knowing our luck we'll probably catch a case halfway through the drive. I might leave it here," she replied. "You're leaving your Ferarri here?" Kelly asked confused. "Yeah, I feel bad having to ask for a ride to and from the airport all the time," Zoey said more towards Jay than her brother. "I never complained," Jay said looking at the blonde. "But would you," she replied, "Zo If I didn't want to pick you up and drop you off at O'Hare I wouldn't." the detective said moving a stray piece of hair out of her face and tucking it behind her ear as Jay gazed into Zoey's bright blue eyes while she stared at his mesmerizing blueish- green eyes; as his hand rested on her cheek softly and comfortingly.

Kelly cleared his throught causing the two to break their gaze, Zoey looked away trying to hide the redness appearing on her face. "I'm gonna use the washroom," the blonde said standing up quickly and heading down the hall in the direction. Everyone at the table watched her walk away before they turned to Jay. "Dude what are you waiting for, she's clearly into you," Antonio said looking at the detective. "He's right lover boy, whenever you call while we're working a case her face lights up. I've never seen her like that before," Morgan said looking towards the dark haired detective. "Lover boy?" Jay asked raising an eyebrow at him with a smirk. "I mean you do get all googlied eyed and look like a love sick puppy whenever you see or talk to my sister," Kelly said. "What's stopping you?" Gabby said. "I don't think she's ready for that step again," Jay said with a sigh as he took a sip of his only bear he was nursing all night. "She's not ready or you're not?" Prentiss asked him.

The detective thought for a moment as he notice Zoey was gone for a while. Jay stood up after a moment when the conversation had shifted to a call firehouse 51 took ealier that day. It gave the detective the opportunity to slip away from the table and head down the hall towards the washroom. Jay paused a moment when he got to the end of the hall and heard soft cries coming from the floor. He looked down noticing Zoey curled up in a ball with her knees pulled to her chest as she softly sat there muffling her cries into her hands.