Chapter 13

21st District Police Department, Chicago.

Jay sat at his desk going through paperwork in between cases when Gabby and Kelly walked up the stairs and switched the Tv on. "What are you guys doing here?" Antonio asked confused along with the rest of the unit who looked up at the two in confusion. 

That's when the news caught their attention, "Now well into its second day, the standoff at the Separatarian sect ranch has now been taken over by the FBI. There was much speculation in regard to hostages. But anonymous sources inside the state's attorney general's office have told us there is an undercover FBI agent currently being held inside the Separatarian Sect Ranch," The news reporter said causing a chill to go down Jay's spine followed by his gut turning as if something not right. 

The dark-haired detective immediately pulled his phone out calling Zoey but her phone went straight to voicemail. "Zoey's not answering my calls either," Kelly said as Jay called Morgan, after two rings the line was answered. "Detective Halstea- Is she in the ranch Morgan?" Jay asked concern seeping hi his voice as the agent got quiet and sighed. "I'm sorry Jay, we're gonna get her outta there. I'll bring Zoey home man, I swear but I gotta go." Morgan said as the call ended. "She's in there," Jay said trying to cover the worry and concern in his voice and on his features. 

Religious Compound, Ohio

Zoey and Spencer sat in the tunnels underground in the same room before when Ben and his second in command walked in looking furious. "Which one of you is it?" he asks looking between her and Spencer and he walked between them and pulled out a gun from his waistband. "Which one of you is the FBI agent?" Ben asked, "Why do you think one of us is an FBI agent?" Spencer asked as Ben turned to look at Zoey. "God will forgive me for what I must do," he said before pointing the gun at Spencer's head. 

In Zoey's mind, she couldn't watch another friend die, she couldn't endure the feeling she felt after Shay died or her child. "I don't know what you're talking about," Spencer said with a loaded gun to his head. "Well one of you does, who is it?" Ben said calmly. "It's me," Zoey said earning a look from Spencer that basically said what the hell have you done? 

Without a word, Ben grabbed a fistful of Zoey's bright blonde hair and literally dragged her out of the room by it causing her to wince a little in pain. "I told you not to put me in this position," Ben yelled throwing her into a supply room onto the floor. Zoey went to stand up when the religious man's hand collided with the side of her face so hard she fell over only to have him kick her in the ribs causing a groan of pain to fall from her mouth. She knew the team could probably hear what was going on, "Get up," Ben growled dragging Zoey to her feet. 

She was barely on her feet for a moment when his fist collided with her face sending her small frame into a mirror causing it to shatter and Zoey to cry a little from the sudden pain the cuts caused her face. "Proverbs 20:30 tells us, Blows and wounds cleanse away evil," Ben said in her ear before sending her flying across the room and into the metal door with a thud as her head collided instantly. "I can take it," Zoey said through shallow breaths towards her team hoping they got the hint that she'd be okay. "Oh, you can take it?" Ben said after she spoke as he slipped her again. "I can take it," Zoey said again her voice less shakey, "Pride comes before the fall," Ben said sending a right hook to her ribs causing Zoey to double over in pain as Ben shoved her into the floor before walking out of the room. "Tye her up, put her upstairs" he said to one of the cult members who did as he was told.

Zoey lay tied up in a single bed in a small room when Ben's mother inlaw came in and started cleaning the blonde would while she lay there. "You should have told Benjaman who you were. He's a prophet. he predicted Satan's armies would come and lay siege to us." she said. "There's a name for that kind of prophecy. Self-fufilling" Zoey said looking towards the window that was covered by blinds. "you don't know how dangerous it is to lie to him," she said the fear was clear in her voice. That's when Zoey realized it was her that called 911, she was teh one that called them for help. "I know it would take a brave woman to defy him knowing the consequences, and that, that woman would have to have a damn good reason to do it," Zoey said speaking partly from experience. Panick flashed over teh woman's face before she left the room without a word. 

After a while Benjaman's second in command came back into the room and untied her and pushed her to the chapel with a gun pointed at her back. Zoey stood at the back of the chapel scanning the room and watching everyone's behaviour when she noticed Reid walked over to her while Benjamin was speaking. 

Turns out after the last couple days Ben's followers were starting to lose faith and some of them even wanted to leave. The relious man stood at the front of teh room listing off a bunch of names as Reid walked over to her. "He looks pissed," she said quietly still watching Ben's body language. Spencer stood next to her starring at her and it wasn't until she looked at him that he must have been staring at her face that Ben so humbly beaten. "It's not as bad as it looks," she said softly trying to comfort him. "I'm so sorry," he said softly looking like a hurt puppy. 

Zoey shook her head at him, "Look at who he's releasing," she said changing teh subject. "everyone that failed, the loyalty test," Reid added as they looked around the room. "I'll get word to the team. Wait for a sign outside to indicate what time the raid will come," Reid told her before he walked away. "Take her back upstairs," Ben said to his second in command after he finished off the list and Reid said something to him she didn't quite catch. 

'