Chapter 12

Middle of Nowhere, Ohio

Severide and Reid sat in a CPS car on the way up to a small community where a 911 call came through to the local police about a 15-year-old girl asking them for help telling them she was being sexually assaulted due to 'God's will'. The two agents were on their way to visit the community to check on the kid's well-being. "Considering their view on outsiders it's probably better you don't Identify us as FBI. Just use our real names and identify us as child victim interview experts." Zoey said as the car pulled into the small community. 

Hotch was nervous about sending her in considering the truth that recently surfaced about her past but she insisted to go if that were his only reason for wanting her to stay behind with the rest of the team. 

The car pulled out to a stop and the 3 climbed out of the car unarmed; which made Zoey feel slightly vulnerable but after what happened with Grissom she got Antonio to train her for months which was how she passed training in the FBI academy so easily. She was at the top of all her classes and she was dedicated. 

"I'm looking for Mr. Benjamin Cyrus," Nancy the child protective worker asked a man sitting on a set of stairs sharpening a knife. "You found him," he replied unamused. Not unusual for a cult to not like or trust outsiders without earning their trust first. "I'm Nancy Lund we spoke on the phone regarding the allegation," Nacy said. The middle age man with glass' stood up looking at them. "Savages they call us because our manners differ from theirs," was all Benjamin said. "We didn't come here to hear you site scripture, Mr. Cyrus," Nancy said a bit irritatedly. "Actually it's Benjamin Franklin," Reid said correcting the woman. 

"Zoey Severide, Spencer Reid; they're child victim interview experts," Nancy said introducing the two. "How far from God's word have we strayed for there to be the need to invent a job called child victim interview expert," Benjamin spoke. He had a way with words that could easily manipulate some of the brightest minds especially if they were looking for something or someone to believe in Zoey thought. "We wish we didn't have to be here," Zoey said. "Neither do we, but you're still welcome," Benjamin said. "And where are the kids?" Nancy asked, "They're in the school as I said they'd be," Benjamin spoke as he lead them up the stairs. 

Halfway through their first interview with one of the young members of the community and her mom that she was married to Benjamin the communities leader, and the worst part was her mom agreed to let it happen. Zoey had to mask her horror just as Benjamin stormed into the room. "Is there anything you need to tell me?" He asked mad as 4 other men walked in with hunting rifles and sawed-off shotguns. Zoey and Spencer were confused, "About a raid maybe?" he asked eyeing their reactions. "They don't know?" he said more confused before he pushed everyone in the room towards a trap door on the floor that lead down a tunnel to a large room. All the women and children were filed down into the tunnel system that lead to a large room. That's when the sound of heavy gunfire sounded from above them causing Zoey and Reid to exchange the same look. Nancy ran out of the tunnel before either of them could stop her claiming she could fix this. 

FBI Academy, Quantico Virginia

JJ almost ran into the room, "Morgan, she said as she turned on the news. "What is reportedly being called a routine questions and answers meeting called by Child protective services has turned into a violent and deadly standoff between colorado authorities and a fringe religious group known as the separatarian sect. The raid the sect's compound- JJ that's not the ranch where Severide and Reid are?" Morgan asked panicking as he watched the news. "They're still inside," JJ said her voice shaking. "HOTCH!!!!" Morgan yelled across the office causing both Rossi and Hotch to rush out of their offices in a panic. 

"The TV Severide and Reid" was all Morgan said as the news continued playing. "No one knows for sure how many people are inside. it is believed at least three of the child service members are still trapped in the compound." The news reporter said; right before all phones in the office began ringing like crazy. "Alright, that means we're the lead with Hostagerescue in support. Let's go" Hotch said as everyone got their go bags and ran for the door. 

Religious Compound, Ohio

"Miles is dead, he was locking the door when they shot him," one of the members of the cult said to Benjamin. "Laura and Robert were in their bed. The bullets came through the wall. "What about the baby?" Benjamin asked. "I have her, she was at the school," Jessica Benjamin's 15-year-old wife said carrying in a baby that couldn't have been more than 2 years old. Benjamin physically sighed in relief as he hugged and kissed the small children. Zoey had to fight the urge to throw up at the sight of the pedophilia. 

"Hello, darling. It's all gonna be alright honey. Mommy and daddy have gone to God okay? it's all gonna be alright. Take her to the temple to pray" Benjamin said to the baby as he kissed her head along with Jessica's. The young girl nodded and turned walking away with the small child after they'd managed to get the police to leave. 

"Distribute weapons and ammo, I prayed this day wouldn't come, but it has. God will see us through." Ben said to who Zoey believed was his second in command. The man nodded and left followed by Ben a moment later. 

It didn't take long for the BAU to fly out to Ohio and figure out that the reason the raid happened in the first place had to do with some stupid political skeem and Hotch was not happy that 2 of his agents were trapped in this situation because of an election some votes. 

Rossi ended up taking lead in communicating with Benjamin the lead of the cult trying to make negotiations to save everyone involved in the situation. Rossi offered to get the hurt and injured medical attention but the religious man refused claiming they could do it themself they just needed the supplies. So Rossi offered to bring the supplies to them first thing in the morning. 

As promised Rossi showed up at the doors to the church right at first morning light holding a box of supplies that Zoey and Reid no doubt knew was bugged so the team could hear what was going on in here from wherever they were. Zoey and Reid sat in the church pews along with all the other adults as Rossi scanned the room meeting their gaze. Rossi and Ben spoke for a moment before the older agent turned and walked back out of the church thankful that both agents were safe... for now.