Chapter 4

Firehouse 51, Chicago

Zoey stood frozen as she stared at her father's old drinking buddy Carl Grissom, everyone stood in the driveway staring at the blonde who broke from her shock when the older man looked at her. "Your firehouse? last I checked Boden ran 51," The blonde said crossing her arms at the man that looked taken aback by the snarky remark. 

The man scoffed walking towards her, "And who the hell are you?" he asked eyeing her up. Zoey rolled her eyes and scoffed at the man, "Right, you're probably not drunk enough to remember me it has been a while." was all Zoey said with a scoff. "Anyways, I'm gonna go. I'll see you after shift" she said looking at Kelly before putting her ray bands on and went to climb into the car. "Zoey?" Grissom said causing her to pause a moment looking at him. "It's agent Severide to you," she sneered before getting in the car and slamming the door before starting the sports car and driving away watching everyone's shocked reaction as she drove towards med. 

At this point in time, Zoey just wanted to get the appointment over with so she could go back to Virginia and leave this city and some of the worst moments that happened here. 

Chicago Med

The red Ferarri pulled into the parking lot of the large hospital, Zoey turned her car off with a sigh before climbing out of the vehicle, locking the doors and walking across the parking lot and into the hospital. The follow-up appointment was really straight forwards and everything looked like it had healed correctly and Will signed a bunch of papers before letting her go telling her that she's all cleared to go. Reminding her to be more careful on the job since he's treated me 4 times this year alone.  

When Zoey got back to her car she didn't go home she drove around listening to music as that night flashed through her mind. The blonde gripped the steering wheel in anger as she stared at the road. I should go home and shower before I gotta drive back to Virginia, Zoey thought as she began to drive back towards her shared townhouse. 

Zoey & Kelly's Townhouse, Chicago 

Zoey parked her Ferarri in the 2 car garage before turning the car off and heading into the house calling Hotch only to get his voicemail, strange. "Hey Hotch, it's Severide I just wanted to let you know my follow-up appointment went well and the medical file should be sent over soon. Give me a call back when you get this." the blonde said hanging up before heading straight to the bathroom and pealing her clothes off and hopping in the shower. 

Zoey had finished washing her hair and body and was just sitting on the floor of the shower letting the water wash over her as her mind wandered back to the night so many years ago when she was starting high school. Her mom and Benny split up after his affair with Zoey's teacher. Her dad proceeded to just drink and work. To him, nothing else was important to him. 

The blonde stood up switching the water off before she pulled the curtain back and wrapped herself in a towel and exited the bathroom heading towards her room. The front door opened and closed and Kelly appeared with his shift bag over his shoulder. "Aren't you supposed to be at work?" Zoey asked pausing when she saw her brother. "Off early, also what was that with Grissom?" he asked taking an apple off the counter. "What was what?" she replied playing off the question. "Zoey," her brother said sending her a look, "Kelly," she replied saying his name in the same tone he used for her. "I'm good I just don't like the man, figured he would've moved or died by now. But one can hope still," she replied shrugging coldly as she went to her room to change. 

"Okay and why don't you like him?" her brother pushed, "I have many reasons and I really don't feel like sharing, now I gotta get dressed so..." Zoey said as Kelly nodded and walked over to the door. "I'm gonna head over to Molly's you wanna go?" her brother asks pausing in the doorway. "Okay, but I'm only having a drink," she replied as Kelly smiled and walked out of the room shutting the door behind him after he left. 

Zoey wandered over to her closet and pulled out a black skin-tight dress that had a slit up her left thigh. The blonde threw on a pair of red stilettos before heading to the mirror above her desk holding her makeup. Zoey did a quick-winged eyeliner look with mascara and red matte lipstick to complete the look. 

Zoey looked over her figure one last time before she walked out of her room holding her phone and keys. "You look nice," her brother complimented. "Thanks, here," she said tossing the keys to her brother. "Wanna drive?" she asked, "You sure?" he asked as Zoey nodded and the two siblings walked out the door heading to the garage and climbed in the bright red Italian muscle car and Kelly drove off towards the bar. 

Molly's Bar, Bucktown Chicago

The drive over to the bar didn't take longer than 10 minutes, Kelly and Zoey hopped out of the car and made their way across the street and into the bar. "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!" everyone cheered when she walked in causing shock to wash over the blonde who looked around noticing Antonio, Jay and the rest of the intelligence unit sitting around a table with a few drinks, everyone from firehouse 51 was also there. Zoey continued scanning the bar deciding to get a whiskey and coke before she started walking over to the table Jay was sitting at. 

Zoey was halfway across the room when her eye's landed on Grissom who just walked into the bar walking over to her. "Can we talk?" he asked earning a scoff, "Nope, I'm good," Zoey replied walking past the older man only to have him grip her arm stopping her in her tracks. The touch alone caused panic to wash over her as she yanked her arm from his hold. "DON'T TOUCH ME," her voice boomed catching all eyes in the bar. "Zoey what did I ever do to you?" the older man asked looking at her. "You know what you did and you disgust me. Predator." Zoey muttered the last part more to herself as she turned heading for the door when Grissom went to grab her arm again and without thinking she threw her full drink in his face. 

Everyone watched in shock as Zoey just set the glass down and almost ran from the bar. The blonde went over to her car trying her hardest to fight the tears in her eyes. "Hey, you good?" Zoey turned around to find Jay standing there. "Yea, fine" she replied trying to fake a smile even though she was on the verge of tears. "What the hell was that about?" he asks confused, "Nothing, don't worry about it," she said as Grissom walked out of the bar. "Look I gotta go, I have a long drive back to work tomorrow, I'll see you later," Zoey said as she went past Jay and climbed into the car and took off down the street leaving the detective standing there confused.