Older

Minho left and Jisung didn't see him for two days.

He didn't care.

Although he kept the secret from Felix. He wanted to forget that he met Minho again.

He went to get Daehyun from school when the teacher informed him again about his son's inappropriate behavior.

-I understand, Mrs. Chung! I will have a long talk with him.

-Talk? That's all you can do. Better discipline your kid or I will call child protection to take him away. I've always known you couldn't handle a child on your own. You are to blame for your kid's behavior.

Jisung listened to the threats carefully and nodded, feeling uneasy deep inside.

He couldn't even imagine his life if he had to give up on Daehyun.

-Hey! Don't talk about my son like that! a voice yelled from behind Jisung, making the latter flinch.

-What are you doing here? Jisung asked.

-Defending my son.

-He is not your son!

-Listen here, ugly bitch! Minho moved his gaze back to the teacher. I would not tolerate you shaming the mother of my child like that! Better think before opening that mouth again or else I will make sure you will be kicked out on the street. Don't test me!

-Minho!

The teacher was terrified by him, but whipped immediately her head toward Jisung.

-That's enough! I'm sorry, Mrs. Chung! I really am! It won't happen again! Please accept my apologies and don't associate any of his words with me or my child! he bowed in shame.

She rolled her eyes and left without saying a word.

-Why did you humiliate yourself like that?

-I want Daehyun to have an education. And I certainly don't want him to be taken away from me. Now, please, Minho...I'm begging you...Just leave us alone!

-Mommy! Daehyun ran in Jisung's arms.

-There you are! My baby, he said kissing his cheek.

-He looks so much like you, Minho said mesmerized by the sight.

-Because he is mine and only mine. Aren't you? Yes, you are! Jisung tickled the boy by brushing his nose to his face.

The chuckle Daehyun let out made Jisung laugh so genuine.

He loved his son with his whole heart. He would have died for him.

-Jisung...Please, tell me! Is he my son? Minho asked with teary eyes.

-No, he's not!

-Liar! Daehyun suddenly screamed pointing to Minho. Daehyun has no dad. Daehyun's dad didn't want him and mommy.

That broke Minho's heart. The kid was old enough to understand the situation.

That's why he was clinging so hard to Jisung's shirt. Jisung was his only family and he wanted to hold on to it.

-Jisung, hear me out! I made some research and there are three men that can be the father. Including me.

Jisung stopped for a minute to look at Minho in disbelief.

-You searched my dating history?

-Well, it wasn't easy, but I asked a friend and he managed to-

-Minho, I will fucking get on my knees! Just go away. I'm begging you!

-But-

Suddenly a loud sound stroke through the air.

Minho bent down in pain while holding his arm who was now bleeding.

Jisung covered Daehyun's eyes and started running, looking behind to make sure Minho was able to run too.

They hopped in Minho's car and Jisung held so tight to his son, using his own body as a shield for him.

-How the fuck did they find you?

-I don't know!

-I know! Jisung shouted in his ear. You used your phone and they tracked you. Imbecile! That's why I didn't want you back in my life! I can't do this kind of stuff anymore, Minho! Not with Daehyun in my arms.

-I'm sorry, ok? I'm desperate.

Daehyun was crying in Jisung's arm while the latter was caressing his back and kissing his forehead to soothe him.

-Baby, please stop crying...Mommy will cry too. We will get to a safe place in a minute, ok? Just close your eyes and hold on to mommy.

Minho was driving at full speed, trying to get rid of his followers.

-Jisung, do you remember how to shoot?

-Yeah...

-Here, Minho passed his gun to his ex.

-You are kidding me... I can't shoot while holding Daehyun! I am so gonna kill you after this!

-If they get us first, you won't!

-Baby, cover your ears, Jisung whispered to his son.

He took the gun, loaded it, then aimed for the wheels, making the car drift into a tree.

-Nice shot!

-Your head is my next target, Jisung replied.

They arrived at Jisung's apartment after leaving Minho's car somewhere else.

They couldn't risk parking in front of their hideout.

Minho broke his phone and waited for any kind of reaction from Jisung.

He was so sure he was gonna die by his hands.

-How is Daehyun? he asked after Jisung returned from the bedroom.

-Shaken up. He fell asleep after I sang to him.

-Are you gonna kill me now? Minho asked.

-I don't afford to go to jail. I need to raise my son.

-You can make it look like a suicide.

-Minho, I've changed. I'm not the same crazy adrenaline seeker you fell for. I am tired and scared. Scared that my son will be taken away from me. That he will be heartbroken like I was. Scared that my past will destroy me. I am older and so are you. We are adults. No more games, shots, jokes. You have been shot and you are bleeding in my kitchen. After 7 years... I will let you sleep here for a week, but after that...you won't ever come back to me. Understood?

Minho nodded slowly and watched speechless how Jisung cleaned his wound and wrapped the bandages.

His touch was as soft as always.

Yeah, he looked a little older, but still beautiful. And Minho couldn't help but stare.

-You can sleep on the couch. The blanket is over there. Goodnight, Minho! Jisung said with a raspy voice.

-Goodnight, Jisung...

________________________________
Minho staying for a week at Jisung's. What can go so wrong?

Thank you for reading!