Heartbreak

Back to present

Changbin brought Daehyun from his room.

The boy was bawling his eyes.

Jisung took him in his arms and started kissing his cheeks.

Everyone was staring at them in disbelief.

Was that really the reckless Jisung they used to know?

-Mommy is here, baby... I'm sorry for screaming! I forgot you can't handle loud noises. It's ok.

-Try whispering to him, Chan said all of a sudden.

Jisung looked at him confused.

-You couldn't handle loud sounds either. I used to whisper to you until you would calm down.

Jisung recalled the memory and started whispering to his son.

Seungmin looked at Chan and felt his heart break.

Why was it hurting him so much that Chan remembered that? Chan remembers everything.

-You hate loud noises? Minho asked. But you used to-

He stopped when he realized he was about to blow his cover.

-What's going on? Jeongin asked his fiance.

-I think I might have a kid.

-What? Jeongin said a little too loud, which resulted in Hyunjin covering his mouth.

-Shhh! He is gonna cry again if you yell.

Jeongin looked at the kid, trying to find any resemblance between him and Hyunjin.

After Jisung managed to soothe Daehyun, he decided he couldn't handle all this mess.

-I want you all to leave now.

-What? Hyunjin stood up. You just threw this bomb that one of us has a child and now you want us out?

-Yes.

-Maybe we should go, Chan told Seungmin.

-I wanna know who is the father too, Seungmin uttered.

-Yeah, me too. I wanna know if the man I'm about to marry has a kid with someone else, Jeongin explained.

-I mean it's Hyunjin, Felix snorted. He will probably run away before the wedding anyway.

-What? What is he talking about? Jeongin turned to Hyunjin.

-Well...

-I'm talking about how your fiance dumped my best friend at the altar.

-You never told me you've been engaged!

Hyunjin raised his hands in surrender.

-Everyone, calm down! If I understand correctly, I am the father, so you can all go! Minho stated proudly.

-No, you're not! Jisung rolled his eyes. And if you keep telling people that, I will blow your cover. Alright, listen up! Jisung stepped into the center of the room. I will tell you who is Daehyun's father if you guys tell me why did you break up with me. I need reasons. Answers. You wanna bring back the past, very well. Bring it all...

The three men looked at each other mortified.

-What does "break up" mean? Daehyun asked.

-He is asking why did they break your mommy's heart, Felix replied.

-Mean people, Daehyun pouted.

-Yeah, what's that big of a deal to just say it? Jeongin asked. I don't understand. Why all these secrets?

-Then who wanna start? Professor Bang? Jisung looked at Chan who was nervously scratching his nose.

-Don't make me tell that story, he begged.

-What story? Seungmin insisted.

Chan sighed before starting to confess.

-I am not the father, alright? I couldn't possibly be.

-And why is that? Hyunjin asked.

-Because me and Jisung dated when he was still in high school.

-High school, Felix furrowed his eyebrows. That means...

-I was dating my teacher, Jisung admitted.

-You were dating a fucking minor? Seungmin raised from his seat, not even realizing he just cursed.

-I... Baby, I'm sorry... Chan tried to take his hand, but Seungmin just backed off.

-Don't touch me!

-Technically he didn't, Hyunjin chimed in. Jisung grew up in Malaysia where the major legal age is 18. They were both adults.

-Why are you taking his part? Jeongin asked.

-It's the lawyer instinct, Hyunjin shrugged.

Seungmin shook his head disappointed and left the apartment, slamming the door behind him.

Chan sat down on the floor holding his head in his hands in frustration.

-It's over...he sobbed. It's fucking over.

-It's not late to go after him, Felix said, feeling sorry for him.

-I know him. It's too late. I broke his trust. He hates me. He is disgusted by me... I am disgusted by myself.

Suddenly Daehyun left Changbin's sight and went to the kitchen only to come back with a napkin and wipe up the tears falling on Chan's face.

-Thank you, Chan smiled at the child.

-Did the other man break your heart? he asked clueless.

-I think I broke his actually, Chan swallowed his tears.

-But you are not a bad guy.

-Sometimes we break hearts by accident. And we both get hurt.

Daehyun listened carefully and nodded.

He didn't understand much, but he wrapped his little hands around Chan's neck just because he felt it was the right thing to do.

Jisung watched the scene surprised. He felt tears building up in his eyes while Felix was rubbing his back.

-You ok, Ji?

-Yeah. Just overwhelmed. This is exactly how I imagined would be if Daehyun had a present father.

Minho, Hyunjin, Changbin and Chan all moved their attention to Jisung. That statement hurt them all to the core.

Chan tightened his grip on the kid.

-I'm not your daddy, Daehyun...

-I know... You are my new uncle.

-I would be honored.

-I'm sorry, Chan hyung... Jisung started. It's all my fault. For being a disgusting slut. You told me to stop. I kept going. I'm really sorry! he fell to his knees.

-It was consent, Jisung... We are both to blame. You paid for it and I am still paying for my sins.

They hugged each other which confirmed for both of them that they were over each other.

Chan felt so empty and Jisung felt numb. Because Chan wanted to hold someone else and Jisung's heart broke so many times. Yet they were happy they remained friends.

-I'm glad you found someone to hold in your arms, hyung.

-I'm sorry for breaking your heart, Jisung... I will tell you everything. I will tell you the truth. I just want you to know...It hurt me as much as it hurt you.

__________________________________
Thank you for reading!