Well-defined lines

Flashback

-I see... Thank you! Jisung hung up the phone.

-So? Changbin was on the edge of his seat waiting for the outcome.

-Better luck next time, Jisung shrugged.

-I'm sorry, Ji! he wrapped his arms around the boy.

-Didn't think dad would have this much impact on me even after I escaped him. And everything I've done seemed a mistake, he buried his face in his palms. Chan and the baby and the scandals and everything, he clenched his hands, wanting to rip apart his face and start over with a new identity.

-No, we don't hurt ourselves when we're sad, Changbin took his hands in his own. You're an amazing person, Ji. It's their loss. Why don't you want to work at my company?

-I don't wanna be the one who sleeps with his boss.

-They won't know. We keep straight faces and act like strangers. They won't know. I promise!

-I don't know... Jisung hesitated.

He had a bad feeling about it. Rightfully. After the fiasco with his teacher he couldn't trust people so easily.

-One week. If it goes smoothly, I remain. Tell them I'm not fully hired. Just under supervision.

-You've got it, Changbin smiled widely.

There was a clear difference between Chan and Changbin. Jisung couldn't help but compare them.

Chan was in control, always firm, yet too friendly. There was a thin line between friendly and romantic and he was jumping that line like it was a jumping rope. You never knew what he meant or in what way. It was always second guessing and questions whether you're worthy of him or just a toy.

Meanwhile Changbin had his way of making you feel special. He was distant from the ones around him. He only touched the ones he cared about. And held the ones he truly loved. It was straightforward. Like a second nature to him. He would just glance at one person and tell what would their relationship be.

Jisung admired that. With all his heart. He wanted to see the world so simple. He wanted to live between well-defined lines.

There was also a difference that managed to worry Jisung.

Chan made promises about future. He was living in the future more than he was in the present.

Changbin... Changbin felt like a fling. Like it could end anytime and he wouldn't bath an eye. Jisung was too afraid to bring it up, but he knew the moment would come. He just needed a way to bring it up. Somehow.

-You look perfect! Changbin smiled at the sight of his boyfriend in a suit.

-I'm still not sure about this, Jisung fidgeted. Maybe I should keep trying...

-Ji, I promise you that no one will find out, okay? Changbin placed his hands on the younger's shoulders to calm him down. Dad won't even notice. You need a job and I need an assistant.

-Okay, Jisung replied with a certain hesitation in his voice.

He couldn't find a job after he was fired. He had the scandal with Chan on his back and a really angry letter from his former employer. He was socially doomed. He needed experience, but how would he get experience if he's not working? He had no choice. There was only on clear rule to follow: no one needed to know they were in a relationship. Work at the office and love at home. Seemed pretty easy, right? Or so he thought. The truth is that Jisung wasn't the problem, but Changbin.

Changbin, as the son of the boss, was carefree. He didn't feel the heavy atmosphere and pressure Jisung was suffocating in.

-I thought we are overstaffed, a woman whispered behind Jisung.

-Yeah, right? I heard boss fired a perfect employee for this kiddo to come. And he's not ever fully hired, her friend said.

-Maybe he slept with one of the directors.

-I bet he is the brother of boss's mistress or something.

Jisung ignored them and kept working like there was no tomorrow.

They were partially right and the thought of an innocent man loosing his income because of him made him sick in the stomach. That wasn't what he wanted.

-Jisung! Mind a visit in my office? Changbin called for him.

He cursed under his breath and squinted his eyes to brush past the gazes following him like spotlights on a catwalk. Why did he have to use his name?Why couldn't he say "mister Han". He blew it from day one.

He walked inside and closed the door behind him.

-So? Changbin hopped on his desk. How is the first day?

-Great, Jisung forced a smile. Absolutely great, he lied.

He didn't wanna bring Changbin's spirits down, but he felt physically ill.

-Perfect! I knew everything would have settled down! Now come here! he dragged the younger by the waist. What do I get if you become the employee of the month? he joked.

Jisung's heart sank. Absolutely dropped and hit the ground. A joke damaged him. Or the rest of him. Not that it was much of him left.

-I... I need some air, he backed off and exited the room calmly and collected.

He went outside in the parking lot and broke down.

Changbin was rich, used to get what he wanted and probably a man that spoiled his dates until he got sick of them.

His world was constantly moving in patterns and Jisung refused to be just another dollar bill passed by through dirty hands.

-Are you alright? a voice asked from behind.

Jisung turned around and met with a young blonde man with brown eyes and little stars spread on his face.

-Can I sit with you? he asked. Jisung nodded.

-Sweet! I'm Felix, he shook hands with Jisung. Ignore the glitter. Kids these days are hyperactive, he dusted off his pants.

-You have kids?

-I work at a kindergarten right across the street. I'm currently enjoying my lunch break. I'm guessing you're doing the same. Want some? he handed Jisung a sandwich.

-Thanks, Jisung took it.

-Rough day at work?

-Yeah, kind of. Everyone hates me.

-People suck. I should have brought the Nerf gun with me. Or maybe the saber.

-You have a saber, Jisung chuckled.

-Of course I do! Why wouldn't I?

-I'm Jisung, by the way.

-Wanna come with me, Jisung? The kids would like to see new faces.

-You're not kidnapping me, are you? Jisung raised an eyebrow.

-Oh, I'm definitely am, Felix smiled. I'm taking you to hell. See if you last three seconds.