Teacher's pet

Flashback

-First of all, my name is professor Bang Christopher Chan. Just call me professor Bang. I will be your history teacher for the next year since your previous teacher is expecting. I know it's not a great change in your last year, but please give me a chance. I know I seem young to you. I am. Maybe 3 years difference between us. I am doing my master right now and these classes are to gain experience. But we are all adults here, so we will get along just fine.

Chan was beyond nervous. His first class. Everyone eyeing him while his glasses were sliding down his nose bridge.

His suit was too tight, blocking the air to get into his lungs and his hands were sweating.

How was he supposed to manage these fresh adults? And help them pass the final exams at the end of the year...

- Professor Bang?

The voice of a student startled Chan.

He searched for the hand raised in the air and spotted a dark-haired boy smiling at him.

-Yes?

-I'm sure you will do well. Don't be nervous. We do love history.

-Thank, ahmmm...

-Jisung. Han Jisung.

Chan nodded and smiled back at the boy.

Only if he knew...

A month passed and Chan was doing pretty well.

The students started getting fond of him as they were trying their best at his subject.

He helped them a lot by explaining to them every historical event in his own way.

No memorizing. He tried making them link every year to a color or a smell. Or a tone of his voice.

It really helped them.

But Chan was on cloud nine when his top student was answering.

That Han Jisung was making him proud. And they were getting comfortable with each other.

Maybe too comfortable.

One day the bell rang and everyone packed their stuff and went to lunch.

Chan noticed that one student was lost in his thoughts and walked toward him, hitting lightly the boy with a notebook.

Jisung looked up fazed, then turned around to notice the empty room.

-Welcome back to Earth, mister Han Jisung! Chan chuckled.

The younger flashed a smile, then mouthed a thank you, but, to Chan's surprise, he didn't get up from his seat.

-Aren't you going to lunch?

-No, Jisung replied sketching something on the last page of his notebook.

-And why is that? Chan leaned on his desk and crossed his arms while his sleeves were rolled up.