Betrayal

Flashback

-Mister Han, do you have a moment?

Jisung was taken out of the classroom, right to the principal's office.

Him. The top student. The role model. The genius. He was now shifting in his chair, waiting for the principal to tell him the reason he was dragged here.

He looked around him, seeing medals and trophies, won by students like him. Perfect students.

Bet none of them was called in the principal's office.

Was he gonna get in trouble? For what? How was he gonna explain it to his father? Or to his mother?

A thousand fake scenarios crushed through his mind, but none of them could have prepared them for the outcome.

-Mister Han, I understand that you were making inappropriate suggestions to one of your teachers. Is that right?

-What? Jisung's mouth opened in shock.

He became as pale as a ghost.

-I talked to professor Bang this morning and he clarified the situation. He said he didn't want to get his best student in trouble, but your actions were very upsetting. He felt very uncomfortable. I understand, he is a nice guy, but taking advantage of this to hit on him is unacceptable.

Jisung was mortified. The whole scene unfolding before his eyes, yet he couldn't believe his ears.

Chan betrayed him.

He wanted to cry, he wanted to break down. But he couldn't. Tears wouldn't fall. Just a dry feeling in his throat. And a broken heart.

-Mister Han, do you have anything to say about this?

Jisung looked at the principal in shock. No words could come out of his mouth. He felt that anything he said would just make it worse.

-I already called your parents to inform them about your behavior. Also, he said getting up from his seat. You will have to apologize to professor Bang. Right now!

-What? Jisung got up too. But he is in the middle of class.

-Yeah. You will do it in front of your colleagues. To teach them a lesson. Come on!

When he entered the room, everyone remained silent.

They all stared at Jisung like he was some kind of inmate.

His head was low, looking at his shoes, afraid to meet Chan's eyes. He was devastated and humiliated.

-Go ahead, kid! the principal patted Jisung on the shoulder.

-I am here to apologize for my behavior, professor Bang! My actions have no explanation. I am so ashamed of myself and I swear I will never do it again!... he took a break to inhale. Hitting on a teacher is beyond wrong, he finally said it, hearing everyone's gasps.

After that, he took his seat and buried his head in the hoodie.

-Jisung! Jisung, wait! Chan went to Jisung's house and caught him right before he could get inside.

Jisung stopped walking, but didn't dare to look up.

-I'm so sorry! The principal came this morning asking questions and I panicked. I thought that if I say that you only hit on me, I wouldn't get fired and he will leave you alone. It was better than telling him we had sex several times.

-So you sold me for your job? Jisung looked at Chan with red eyes.

-This job is my life. This job is the reason we met, after all.

Jisung was too tired to listen to Chan, so he just shrugged and proceeded to pass by him.

-Jisung, I love you! Please! It was a stupid mistake, I swear!

-Do you know the principal called my parents? Jisung turned around in tears.

-No, Chan shook his head slightly. I have no idea.

-My parents don't know I'm gay. They are gonna kill me.

-Then come back to my place! Until everything calms down. You don't have to go back to your dad.

-I do. I am going. Goodnight, professor Bang! he mumbled before entering the house.

He stepped carefully inside, praying he wouldn't have to face his father that night.

Unfortunately, the man was waiting for him on the couch with three empty bottles of alcohol thrown through the room.

-Wanna explain, Jisung? Wanna explain why did you feel the need to embarrass me? the man punched Jisung, making him fall to his knees. What is this all bullshit? You gay? You disgusting piece of shit!

He threw two more punches before going to the store to buy more alcohol.

Jisung remained on the floor, staring in horror at the blood on his hands.

He whipped his nose again and again, but the blood wouldn't stop.

-Please, please, please! he cried seeing the stains getting bigger.

The next day

-Mister Bang?

Chan whipped his head to the door and saw the school counselor signaling him to talk a bit with him in the hall.

-Is there something wrong? he asked worried.

-Han Jisung went to the hospital last night with a broken nose, bruises all over his face and a high level of alcohol in his blood. I just wanted to let you know why he might be skipping some classes this week.

-What?

As soon as he heard the news, Chan rushed to the hospital to see him.

When he entered the room, Jisung was on the edge of the hospital bed, talking on the phone.

His eyes suddenly lit up as his grip on the phone tightened.

-Do you promise? he asked with a smile.

After a few seconds, his smile became wider.

-Yes! I love you too! I can't wait!

He hung up the phone and sighed. Then he noticed Chan standing in the doorway.

-Hey! he said bluntly.

-Hey.... Are you ok?

-I am now, he looked down gaining from ear to ear. It was mom. She heard about what happened and promised me once I am done with high school, she will take me with her to Korea for university. Away from dad.

-That's great, Chan sat down, next to Jisung. What exactly happened?

-I got beaten up.

-Jisung, I'm so sorry! It's all my fault.

-They would have found out eventually. It's not like I could have hidden it forever. And I wasn't expelled or something.

-Yeah, but still-

-I love you too! Jisung blurted out.

Chan froze in his tracks.

-You what? -I love you! If I have you, I can survive this year, he said pressing his lips against Chan's.

___________________________________
Keep in mind that Jisung is a teenager in the flashback, so he doesn't make the greatest decisions.

The story is made to show how different is Jisung as an adult and as a teenager. Basically how his past relationships helped him grow up.

Thank you for reading!