Sneaky link

Flashback

-Jisung, talk to me, Chan turned to face Jisung's back who was pretending to sleep just to avoid any argument.

He placed gently his hand on Jisung's shoulder and shook him slightly.

-Why did you do that? Jisung's voice cracked.

-Jisung, you ended up in a hospital. I had to tell your mother what happened.

-I asked you not to! he rose up and watched Chan in his eyes. I can take it! I can take anything! I don't care if they kick me and beat me and whatever they want!

-Hey! Don't talk like that! Chan gripped on Jisung's shoulders.

A few hours before

-I understand. Thank you for telling me, professor Bang!

-I thought you should know.

-I will take Jisung away from here soon. I talked to my husband this morning...or at least I tried. I am getting a divorce no matter what.

-I am sorry!

-You have other things to be sorry, I believe, Mrs Han said.

Chan turned towards her confused.

-You and my son. I will keep my opinions to myself for the sake of him. But... You have to understand Jisung is a special kid. He can't value himself. He hates himself. He would let everyone walk on him. And this... this relationship does no good. He is just learning how to sacrifice more for someone else. How to be obedient to a powerful person. This is not the life I wish for my son. I do not want to know if you love him or not. But if you care just a bit about him, you will let him go his way.

-I will think about it, Chan took a deep breath.

-I am not satisfied with this. I want a deal.

-A deal?

-Break up with him and I will not report you for sexual abuse towards a student. Do not ruin your career for my son. You have time to think until tomorrow.

-Yes, ma'am.

Back to them

-Jisung... how far can we take this?

-What do you mean? Jisung asked confused.

-You will go with your mother. I will stay here. Isn't this our goodbye? The moment our paths part.

-What? No! I thought...I thought you would want to make it work. We can visit. Talk on the phone. We can-

-Jisung, I don't want to gatekeep you. You have a whole life in front of you. To have fun, experiment, find yourself. I was really happy these months. But you do find so much better than me.

-I don't want anyone else! Why are you pushing me away? he asked crying.

-Because I am no good for you. It's not right.

-Who are you to decide this for me?

-Jisung, you wasted a year of your teenage hood with me.

-Because I wanted to! We love each other, so why does it matter?

-It does, Chan said dead serious. I'm sorry!

The younger got off the bed and started picking up his clothes off the floor.

-What are you doing?

-Going home.

-No, you can't! Your father will-

-Why do you care? Jisung cut him off. Goodnight, hyung! he slammed the door behind him.

Chan didn't get any sleep that night. He couldn't.