Chapter 9: Surprises

When I woke up this morning I already had a gut feeling something was going to happen. But I couldn't exactly tell If it was going to be good or bad. He came down this morning In a very cheerful mood. And also quite flirty. Which I definitely wasn't used to. "Breakfast is served, My lady" He sings. He made me beautiful fluffy golden pancakes, caked with berries around it and whipped cream perfectly centered in the middle. And a tall glass of orange juice, that smelled freshly squeezed. I gazed at the food with excitement. To eat such a good meal. "Wow.. Thank you. What's the occasion" I joke. In all seriousness he says "We have a special night planned" He winks at me. I choke on my pancake as I dived in. He starts to laugh. "Not like that. I have a special surprise for you tonight, don't stress it" He sounds way too excited. And all I felt was nervousness since I had no idea what he was up to.

That day I spent all day looking for clues and digged all through the boxes. Until I found a brown mini notebook that looked like a diary. I opened it up, to see magnificent hand writing. The little booklet read.

He gave a me a piece of toast for the first time in the 3 days.. my stomach couldn't stand the pain of being so empty. I have no idea what this man wants with me or why he took me away from my father, I just want to come home. But it seems like all my hope is lost. If you're me right now, don't fall for his games. Because you may never make it out. He's a two playing dickhead. He means nothing he says, so don't play his game.

I had no idea what to think about this at all. Someone else has been in my position before, How many people has he took? Were they all women? I stressed so much for an hour or two. But I calmed myself down since I knew she wouldn't be me. He's starting to trust me which is my exact plan. I ended up taking a long nap, waiting along for my next meal.

I feel something brush my hair softly. I slowly open my heavy eyes. To see his tall shadow standing so close to my body. "I brought you something" He says. I look. He pull out a red small dress out from behind him. "Go change" He demands. So I do. I go into the corner and pull my clothes off. I can feel his eyes sinking into the back of me. When I turn around. He gets flustered it seems. "Wow. That dress was made for you" He cheers. My face turns into a tomato. I keep quiet. Come sit down. I look behind him. There is a blanket, a small white candle, Two plates filled with food and glasses filled with red wine. "I cooked just for you. I hope you enjoy it"
When I sit down. I smell the well done steak that looked grilled, which smelled like heaven. A baked potato with sour cream and chives. And long cut green beans. Before I start to eat he tells me "Let's make a toast, to you." "To me?" I ask. "Yes! you have been so well mannered and obeyed me so well, you deserve a treat" I was surprised that he was doing all of this for me. We make a toast. We both take a sip of the red wine, my face scrunches up from the bitter taste. But thankfully he doesn't notice. I finish chewing my steak. "Why do you hide your face?" I ask him. "I'm not ready for you to know my true identity yet" He says calmly. I leave it at that. I finish my food and my drink. "Thank you for all this" "Of course, you deserve it" I had no idea where this was all coming from.

"I'm sorry that I came off rude yesterday. I just get overwhelmed sometimes, I've got some things on my mind" "Like what?" I ask him.
"My parents" His voice simmers down. "Do you mind me asking, about what happened?" "It's very simple. My father left when I was only a baby. My mother overdosed on laced crystal" "I could never understand the grief you must feel, It's not the same but I do know what it feels like to never have a parent around, well anyway the loneliness of it." "Your mother is a terrible person, that's why your father wants nothing to do with you all" I choke on air. "What?" I say confused. "Nothing" He mumbles. Just another thing to blow up my mind. Great. "Can I ask you something?" "Bring it" He says blankly. "Can you at least tell me your age?" "17" He replies. "You're so young, what made you wanna take me." "I've answered that for you Jamie. You're outstandingly intelligent, your beauty is out of this world. You're different from other girls. You're one of a kind" He plays with one of my curls. My heart skips a beat. Butterflies twirl around in my stomach. Why am I feeling these things? He took me away. But that's the last thing on my mind, I just want to feel comfort. He cleans up the plates and folds the blankets. 20 minutes about he comes back down. "Goodnight lovely, sleep well." He whispers. "Will you please stay with me until I fall asleep. I know it's alot to ask I hate being alone down here, It kinda scares me" He doesn't say a word but lays down with his face hidden in the mask he wears. He welcomes me to come lay with him. I lay down into his chest. He hugs me. I can feel his muscles wrap around my waist and the warmth on my face from his chest. I feel safe. But from the guy who took me away. This didn't make sense. But with my face buried into his chest, I was quickly out like a light.

Hello readers. This night was something else for her. But what about the booklet who is the other person, and could this by chance help Jamie be able to get out? I just hope Jamie doesn't get the wrong idea about him.

Words- 1072