Chapter 3

I woke up to foot steps in the kitchen. I rolled over to see who was there.
"Matt?" I asked squinting my eyes trying to get them adjusted to the light
"Sorry I didn't mean to wake you up," Matt said as he put the glass he got from the cabinet on the counter. I didn't say anything and rolled back over to go back to sleep.
"Can I get you anything?" Matt asked from the kitchen.
"Actually do you mind getting me some water?" I asked sitting up the the blanket still in my lap. He didn't say anything and got another glass out of the cabinet and started filling it up. I was still sitting up with my eyes hardly open.
"Here you go," Matt said handing me the water. My eyes were so heavy and I was so tired that the water missed my mouth and it got all over me.
"Oh my gosh," I squealed standing up quickly.
"It's okay let's go up to my room and get you a towel," matt said taking my glass out of my hand and setting it on the counter along with his. I was waking up the stairs and he grabbed my hand so I could walk more steady. It sent butterflies through me. He opened his bedroom door for me and I walked it and looked at the time. The clock read 5:57 a.m.
"Matt what we're you doing up so late?" I asked looking at him.
"I couldn't sleep," Matt replied keeping his hands in his pockets and shrugging. I could tell when Matt was struggling or needed help.
"Matt are you okay," I asked concerned for him. He didn't reply
"Matt?" I asked walking over to where he was standing and sat on his bed
"I've just had a lot on my mind lately okay?" Matt said getting a little annoyed so I just let him be. I grabbed a towel from the bathroom and I tried myself off. I could feel myself fall asleep.

Matt's POV:
I walked out of the bathroom to see Ray sound asleep on my bed. I didn't want to wake her so I pulled my blankets over her and tucked her in. I knelt down next to where she was sleeping and pushed a little strand of hair behind her ear. I saw a little smirk from her but I didn't think she knew what she was doing. I grabbed some blankets and a few pillows from the spare room to make myself a bed on the floor. I wanted to tell Ray what was going on I really did but I didn't want it to ruin our friendship. I slowly drifted off to sleep.
"What's going on?" Chris asked standing in the doorway of my room.
"Chris get out," I groaned throwing a pillow at him.
"How did you end up in here?" Chris questioned pointing at Ray.
"I spilt water on myself last night and I came up here to get fried off, I must have fallen asleep here," she said looking down at me. "I am so sorry Matt, did I kick you out of your own bed?" She asked me looking sorry.
"No,no not at all, I just wanted you to be comfortable." I replied while I could see Chris rolling his eyes.
"Is nick awake?" I ask to break the awkward silence.
"He's making breakfast," Chris said finally leaving my door way.
I walked over to Ray to see if she was ready to get up yet.
"Do you need clothes for todo?" I asked her. She didn't say anything and just smiled and nodded. I dug through my closet and found some sweatpants and a oversized t-shirt because I know she likes her clothes over sized.
"Thank you," she said as I gave her the stack of clothes in my hand and she walked into the bathroom to get changed.
I sat on my bed waiting for her to come out and she finally did. She looks so good in my clothes. She spun around a little to show me the fit.
"You look so good in my clothes," I said blushing.
"Matt are you blushing?" She asked me walking over to me. "Oh my gosh you are," she said.
"No I am not," I replied embarrassed. "Let's go get breakfast now?" I suggested to change the subject.