Chapter 6

Chris's pov: the next day
Me and Nick knew something was up with Matt. Me and Nick went on a walk and when we came back to the house another car was there that we didn't see when we left the house because it was dark outside. Me and Nick both looked at each other was confused faces shrugged and walked back into the house.
"Matt?" Nick yelled up the stairs. I knocked on Matts door.
"Go away," Matt yelled back.
"There is a car parked outside we know someone's in there with you," Nick shouted. The door opened and me and Nick backed up. A girl walked out of matts room. I took a closer look to see that it was Nicole. Nicole was in our grade and her and Ray had had beef for a long time. It all started when Ray and Nicole both like the same guy. Ray started dating the guy in Nicole got very jealous and said she would beat up Ray. Of course Nicole never dead but they haven't settled there problems.
"Ugh,"  Nicole rolled her eyes walking past me and Nick. Me and Nick didn't say anything and ran in to mats room.
" what the heck is she doing here?" Nick asked jumping on the mats bed.
" I asked her to come over." Matt said with no shame whatsoever.
" what about Ray!?" I asked raising my voice at Matt.
" what about her?" Matt replied.
" come on Matt, we know you like Ray." " me and Nick both know." Nick didn't say anything snd just nodded.
"You guys don't know what you are talking about," Matt said looking up from his phone. We then heard footsteps running up the stairs. I thought it was gonna be Nicole coming back, but it wasn't. It was Ray, she stood there in Matt store went with her arms crossed.
" really? Her?" Ray said looking like she was about to punch Matt. Matt didn't say anything and just shrugged. "Matt out of every girl you pick her?", Ray questioned.
"Can you give us a second?" Matt asked me Amy nick.
" sure bro but if she comes downstairs crying again I won't play around anymore," I said grabbing nicks arm and taking him downstairs.

MATT'S POV
The door shut behind Nick and Chris. Ray was leaning up against my closet door with her arms crossed looking angry.I patted my bed for her to come sit down next to me. She didn't move and just stared at me.
" i'm sorry," I said looking down and picking up my nails. She came over and slapped my hand away from my other hand. I looked up at her.
"See I know you too well I knew there was something the matter with you Matty," she said to me with her arm still crossed. "So how about now you tell me what's really going on?"
"You want the truth?" I asked her.
"Yes Matt I really do want the truth and this time you better not tell me you need space," she said raising her eyebrow.
"The truth is I've always loved you as my best friend. But now I think I love you more than my best friend," I said staring down. I could feel her walk over to me and sit on my bed. I felt her hands on my cheek and she pulled my face up so that I would look at her.
"Matt? Why didn't you tell me this earlier?" she asked me.
"Because I didn't want to ruin our friendship not only would it ruin ours it could ruin yours Chris's next to and I wasn't willing to take that risk." I said looking into her bright blue eyes.
" mad over the past few months I felt the same way I've always loved you as my best friend but my feelings for you have grown and they're not such a friendship kind of feeling now." She said still staring into my eyes.
"Really?" I questioned her. I was genuinely surprised I was not expecting her to say she felt the same way.
" yes and when Nicole walked out of your room it really hurt me I don't know what to think Matt," she said.
" i'm sorry about that. If I'm being honest I just wanted to use her to make you jealous, I know that sounds like a terrible thing to do but it's true," I said to her. She didn't say anything else she put her hands back on my cheeks and pulled me in for a kiss. When I lips touched I felt butterflies fly through my body I wasn't expecting that but I didn't pull away. When she pulled away I just stare into her eyes. I had no words.