Chapter 1. The Plan

Chapter 1. The Plan

From: Jaz

Mass Text to let everyone know how I feel: FREEDOM I WANT YOU SO BAD!

What she wanted was nothing but tempting. Or rather, what she needed served like a fuel poured into my own flaming fire of need for freedom. Talk about being stuck in here. And not just simply being stuck. More of like being trapped.

We all were imprisoned in our own place - my entire family. We can't go out freely - thanks to the danger waiting for us outside. I knew this sounded ridiculous but it was. Some people were out there ready to strike for revenge. Sounded heavy, yeah? No matter how crazy it sounded, it's true. This had all started with that incident two weeks ago. It was my birthday celebration. Everybody was there - my high school and college friends, cousins and everybody else. I didn't want the party but everybody just insisted on it. Now, I realized why I didn't want it in the first place. Something bad was bound to happen that night.

After the party, my cousins went out for a little more party outside. Perhaps in some club they wanted to go. I wanted to tag along but my Mom kind of felt something wrong too that she pleaded me not to go. So I didn't. Besides it was already late. So then my cousins went drinking and partying and they obviously got drunk. I don't know how it happened but they managed to pick a fight with some group of people and one of them got fatally stabbed and apparently died. Unfortunately, one of my cousins did it and so he went into hiding fearing for his life. He's now being searched for and even us couldn't even tell where he's gone to.

We thought that was the only problem we had to face but we're wrong. An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth was what they wanted.  I heard that they were some kind of mobsters, of all people to pick a fight with. It had to be with lawless kind of people. They want one of us dead too in exchange of that guy they lost. They even got close to getting one of my cousins if not for the nearest relatives' house where he hid. This all felt like hide and seek for me and I'm honestly sick of this.

So now, we aren't allowed to get out of the main door. They could be just out there like hawks waiting to snag its prey and they won't stop until they get what they want. Yeah, this is just one hell of a fate.

I don't want any of this. I suffer for the thing I have nothing to do with. I already had plans for my summer, now I can't do them because of this!

I tapped the reply space revealing the keypad and started typing for a reply.

To: Jaz

Hey Jaz, got something for you.

SUMMER ESCAPADE

I can't take this house anymore! I didn't ever want this. I'm sick of my father's austerity. Can you imagine? I was grounded and wasn't allowed to go out unless important! What did I ever do wrong? And even when I was allowed to go out of the house, after hours of pleading, and I go out with my friends, he would call me nonstop telling me to go home already. I get to be with them for an hour only! Damn! He's reasoning out that it's already summer and no reason for me stay out for long. I'm a girl and I should be staying inside the house. Oh come on! What's this? Orphanage or something? I don't get his mentality at all! He wanted me to imprison in this freakin' house. What a life!

Few minutes after venting out my anger through a group message, somebody replied. Thank god, somebody actually cared. I just hope it's him.

From: Alex

Hey Jaz, got something for you.

Alex? Oh. I wondered how he's doing. I heard what happened to their family. Poor him, I mean, he can't go out of their house for like two weeks now. His family's life was in some kind of danger I myself didn't understand.