Chapter 24. The Face-off

"What the hell was that all about?" I yelled at her while Anna jerked back. I held my reddened cheeks as I glared at her. I can feel all of the people's eyes were on us. But I didn't have any time to be embarrassed because I was really, really mad right now. Nobody slaps me just like that.

"That's for embarrassing me in front of Alex," she said while she crossed her arms in her chest.

I felt my jaw dropped at her shallow reason. I rested my hands at my waist as my tongue felt the inside of my cheek that she just randomly slapped. Man, that really hurt.

"Hey, you can't just slap somebody just because of that!" Anna said. I wished she didn't just say that. I felt like I was being pathetic that I couldn't bring myself up to talk.
Fretzie's eyes landed on Anna. "Great, you're her back-up?" she asked. "What cowardice."

I was about to say something but then I realized again we're in front of many people. I didn't want somebody telling our manager that I fought with a guest. I might lose this job and think about how Alex and I searched for job. I didn't want his efforts to be put into waste.

"She's not a coward and she can take you down if she wanted to," Anna said again defending me. She's maybe wondering why I was doing nothing at all.

"Anna, stop it. She's a guest," I said thought I really want to drown her in the pool just beside us.

"Damn right I am. And I can very well remove you from your job if I wanted to," she threatened.

"That doesn't sound scary at all," Anna said. I would feel the same way too if I was the resort owner's daughter.

Fretzie narrowed her ayes at Anna and then she slightly pushed Anna for a fight. Damn, this girl is war freak...no, scratch that. She's barbaric.

"You have no right to talk like that to me. I'm a goddamn guest and I pay for your services, you poor creatures!" she again said almost yelling at Anna.

"You don't know who you're talking to," I said warning this wench.

"I don't care who you two are. I'm sure you're just some people who are not important. How dare you embarrass me in front of Alex?" she said referring to me. Then she looked back to Anna. "How dare you embarrass me in front of these people?!" she yelled again at Anna. Who's embarrassing who?! Man, she's not just barbaric, she's a psycho!

"So that's how you really like Alex that you had to go embarrass yourself like this?" I asked trying to be calm.

"I see how you flirted with Alex," Anna butted in. "But sorry to tell you, he already likes someone."

"That's not true, you little b-tch!" Fretzie was about to attack Anna but I couldn't just let her, could I? So I stopped Fretzie's hand from landing into Anna's cheek.

She tried to take her hand but my grip was stronger. And so, like a wench she was, she used her free hand to grab my hair. MY HAIR! OUCH! It's like she's ripping my scalp out of my skull.

I was aware of the people around us but to hell with them. All hell broke out lose! I grabbed her hair back and was trying to get her out of me. I can hear her screaming and the next thing I knew, we landed on the pool splashing water. Perfect, I can drown her finally.

SUMMER ESCAPADE

That dummy...how could she just leave me with Fretzie? I wanted her there so I could tell Fretzie that I was not really interested with her and Jasmine was the one I liked. But she left. Maybe she really got pissed at Fretzie.