Chapter 27. The Street Party

That night, we went to this street party Anna and Brian invited us to. It was held in what they called The Palmera Street – the perfect street to hold the event since on one side of the street was the Student's Village where a lot of college students are dwelling and the other side was The Polestar where a lot of people crowds during the night. Imagine the crowd of people swarming. It was pretty amazing – the bands playing, the DJ putting on some good music, the crowd, the dance, everything! It's a party overload!

When the DJ kept on playing upbeat and party music, Anna and I found ourselves dancing like it's our last chance to do so! While Alex and Brian were nowhere to be seen. Nevertheless, we still enjoyed all by ourselves.

"I didn't know you're a party girl!" I shouted to Anna in the midst of the loud music.

"No! Tonight's an exception!" she shouted back giggling.

I already told her that Alex and I were officially together. She was so happy for us and I thanked her for the help she did for me to realize that I love Alex. Because I doubted I'd realize it sooner than I did with her help. And also, I thanked her for her great efforts in bringing us closer together.

"Oh my god, this is so much fun!" she said. I only laughed.

When the last music played, the DJ announced that the bands will be taking over. Oh, great. I'm sure Alex would love this. He loved bands. Back in high school, he's a self-proclaimed rocker who only plays the guitar but rarely sings. Whatever, we really didn't get him back then.

But where the heck was this guy?

He was forgotten right away as Anna and I ended up jumping to the music. Rock 'n roll baby! Wohoo! It's a band concert slash street party. I'd never been to both at the same time. But it was amazing! I missed the party-hard life. But tonight's crowd is much larger. It's a whole street I'm partying with! I didn't mind the crowd of people around me. Everybody was damn having fun!

After a couple of bands, Anna seemed ecstatic so I asked her why.

"My cousin's band!" she said and when the band was called, it wasn't only Anna who got ecstatic but a great deal of the crowd.

"They're pretty popular!" I shouted amidst the noise.

She nodded. "Yes! They have a lot of fans in and out of the city," she said proud.

"What does your cousin do in the band?" I asked.

"He plays the drums!" Cool.

"What's the name of the band?" I asked.

"Arcadia!" Never heard of it. Maybe I'm outdated.

"Cool!" I said anyway.

"The vocalist is quite handsome! Too bad he's already taken..."

I laughed. Oh great.

Soon they came up on stage and I almost dropped my jaw when I saw Alex trailing behind them. He went for the mic stand in front.

"What the hell is he doing up there?" I muttered.

"Oh my god! Where's the vocalist?! Why is he missing?!" Anna asked at the same time.

"MIA," Brian said appearing out of nowhere.

"Jonas? Where would he go?" Anna asked.

Brian shrugged. "Who knows? One said they saw him running away with Alee even before the party started. Those lovebirds," Brian explained while I felt alienated. Who were those people?