Epilogue. The Last Chapter

EPILOGUE. The Last Chapter

Two months later...

I hurriedly walked out of the school premises on my way out of the campus. I still have to make dinner tonight because I have something important to talk to my parents. Don't be surprised, I now do house chores and all of that. Thanks to Alex's little training last summer.

Speaking of, I saw his name register on my phone's screen. My boyfriend was calling me just on time. I wanted a ride home and he's the perfect candidate.

"Hello!" I answered trying to walk faster, the gate in my sight.

"Hello, dummy. I'm on my way," he said. Just hearing his voice made me excited. He still had that effect on me.

"You're picking me up?" I asked. He usually picks me up on Mondays and Thursdays because that's his only time to pick me up during weekdays. He and his brother shared the same car and so they took turns. Usually, we just meet at our meeting place whenever we wanted to see each other. It's so difficult being in different schools. I can't see him whenever I please. "But it's Friday," I added.

"You don't like it?" he asked.

"No, I mean, it's okay. I was just asking," I said.

I reached the gate and inserted my ID on the slot. I pushed down the bar making my way out but not after retrieving my ID back. I stepped outside trying to look for him. "Where art thou, dummy?" I asked.

He didn't answer for a while. "I'm looking at this girl..."

"What?"

"There's this hot girl not little too far in front of me, looking gorgeous in just a simple t-shirt and jeans..."

"What are you trying to talk about, dude? Where are you?" I asked starting to get annoyed.

But instead he ignored me and went on to talking nonsense things. "She looks like someone I know. I think my heart is going to explode just the sight of her..."

Oh that's it. "Alexander! Are you trying to cheat on me?!" Oh, just he dare--

I heard him chuckle. "She looks sexy on my Batman shirt, by the way..."

Batman shirt? I looked down to look at what I was wearing. He finally gave me his Batman shirt after weeks of asking it from him. I just tucked half of it in my faded jeans and the other half hanging. My black fedora on my head matched the black Batman logo on the shirt and my stylish black Chucks.

I found myself smiling. "Silly. Where are you?" I asked looking around trying to find him. His usual black Vios was not in sight.

"And now she's smiling so wide that makes my heart want to explode even more..." He went on.

"Dude, I know you're in love but please do tell me your location as I want to see you right away..." I said. I heard him laugh. "What? You're not the only one in love," I said biting my lower lip to stop myself from bursting into a bunch of laughter.

I heard a car honk and this brand new black pick-up truck on my right caught my eye. Its head lights were blinking and I knew it's his car. I hurried up to it and he opened the door. I opened it wider and looked around. It really was a new one.

"Yours?" I asked as I climbed inside and closed the door gently after me.

He nodded. "Parents' welcome home gift to the prodigal son."

"Oooh... Congratulations," I said. "I like it."

"They wanted me to use this in case I run away again," he said and we laughed at his parents' joke. He then reached for me giving me a kiss. It's still making my world go round.