Chapter 21. The Genesis

It's only mid-afternoon and I couldn't help myself but yawn for several times. I was tired and felt sleepy, dammit. I slept so late last night thinking about...well, about things if you could read my mind. That dummy was now keeping me up so late at night. Damn him.

"Haven't got enough sleep?" Brian asked nudging me. We – me, Brian and Anna – were sitting on a bench taking some rest. It's almost lunch anyway.

"Oh," I said mentally slapping my cheeks for forgetting manners. If Mom was here, she'd glare at me for that. Well, if Mom...was only here. God, I missed her.

What's done is done, Jaz, don't forget that.

"Yeah, too bad," I continued.

"That's because she stayed up all night thinking of—"

"Anna..." I said cutting her.

"What was it? Was it about this afternoon?"

Confusion washed over. "Afternoon? Is there an event this afternoon?" What the hell's happening later?

"We're clubbing later?" he answered asking me too.

Damn, it slipped off my mind. "Oh, yeah. I forgot about it," I said apologetic.

"Therefore, dear brother, it's not what made Jaz stayed up late at night," said Anna attacking his brother.

"Ouch..." Brian commented nonchalantly.

"Anyway," I said the idea of club stirring me a bit. "How are we going to leave later?"

"I've already talked to the manager and she said yes," Brian said proudly.

"That easy?" I asked mixed with doubt.

"Charm works, babe," he said. I still didn't believe it. He must've done something to convince the manager. I meant, for goodness's sake, this was a resort with nonstop customers. You can't afford one or two employees going out and having a day off, if that's what you wanna call it.

"So, you and Brian are going out?" Anna belatedly realized.

"Yep, you wanna come?" I asked.

"Babe, my sister's only 15," Brian pointed out. Oh yeah, I'm sorry. Protective brother to the rescue. "Oh yeah, right. My bad. Sorry, Anna," I apologized for her not coming and forgetting she's only 15.

And I was not getting away with it, I knew that's what she's telling me with her smile. "If I remember correctly, you're not yet 18 either," Anna blurted out.

"Seriously?" Brian asked. "You're not 18 yet?"

"Yep but don't worry, I got fake ID with me," I told them my focus mainly on Anna, I wiggled my eyebrows at her showing off.

"Amazing, I didn't know you had one," Brian mused.

I shrugged not really wanting him to know why I had one.

"How about Alex? Maybe he'd want to go," Anna offered grinning at me.

I gave her my best glare. "No, absolutely no. He doesn't have to know about this," I said half-pleading, half-warning Anna.

It's her time to shrug.

"Alex would have to ask permission from the manager himself," Brian countered.

"Yeah, that'd be hard for him," I chipped in. It was mainly for Anna.

Anna snorted. "Watch me," she whispered and went away.