Chapter 22. The Confession of a Jazaholic

I remembered that night.

I was with my then girlfriend, Hayley, making out in my car when my phone rang. I ignored it and continued with our activity but it was so persistent I had to break away from her. I heard her moan of protest but all the heat in me died when I saw who the caller was. My heart started beating fast for some unknown reason.

I quickly answered it having gut feelings that this was not the usual call I get from her.

"Hello?" I answered. I can hear fussing around in the background as if something's happening there. Damn, I hoped it's not what I'm thinking.

"Hey, it's an emergency," an unfamiliar voice said. It wasn't Jaz's voice. "Jaz...Well, Jaz is not feeling well and we don't know what to do—"

So I was right after all. I'd heard of these newfound friends of Jaz who seemed to be not really on the good peer pressure. And I already predicted this thing was bound to happen.

"Tell me, where the hell you are right now," I growled cutting her.

"Honey, who's that?" Hayley asked and I quickly held up a finger to shut her up.

The voice on the other line stated where they were and gladly, it wasn't that far from where I was. I quickly hung up and looked at Hayley who seemed irritated.

"I need to go," I told her and she was shocked.

"And leave me here? Who was that anyway?" she pried annoyed at the fact that I'm leaving her.

"You can get a taxi, it's an emergency..." I explained briefly.

She crossed her arms. "Either I go with you or you're not going," she threatened.

I looked at her annoyed at the same time astounded at how she's reacting that moment. Sorry to say, I had no time for this. It hasn't been that long when we started going out and she had the confidence to make me choose?

"How about you get off and let me go?" I asked.

"B-But..."

"You heard me."

She glared at me. "Fine, you'll regret this." She opened the door and got off. The hell I will.

The moment she closed it, I stepped on the gas and rushed to that bar. My heart sank when I saw the sight of Jaz in agony. It was my first time to see her like this. Sure she'd been attacked by her hyperacidity but this was more serious. All I wanted that time was to take her into my arms and take away the pain she's enduring that time.

I was just kidding. But of course, I was worried.

I quickly got out of my car and rushed to her. I noticed all her friends just standing there and doing nothing. "What are you people doing just watching her suffer?" I asked.

"We don't know what to do!"

"Bullshit! Forgot 117?" I asked talking about the country's emergency hotline. It made them silent. "Hey," I spoke to Jaz in a hushed tone. "Let's go," I said and scooped her in my arms. I carried her to my car and buckled her with the seatbelt. Before I went to the driver's seat, I warned them. "I don't want any of you near Jaz again!"

That night, I called her parents and told them what happened. And I didn't wanna remember their reaction that time as I was sure it'll not be the same this time around.