Part 1- Coffee

I heard the heavy rain outside, falling rapidly, I was fixated on the way the rain falls not really caring about my surroundings. I've always enjoyed the rain for some reason, it calms me down, almost soothing in a way. I sighed deeply looking out the window once again, and gently placed my hand on the cold glass window. I wish to be free one day, of all my troubles, to forget everything and be alone at last. To be free is only a dream of mine, there is a certain kind if freedom that I desire. The feeling of having freedom from this cruel world at last is what I crave, to finally let myself go. But instead I feel trapped inside my own thoughts constantly.

I decided it was time to go out and get away from all of this. I quietly walked into the living room, successfully getting passed my dad safely. As I took a step outside I felt the cold air seep into my skin, and sooth me. I kept waking, unknown of my destination, just wanting to get away from the hell I call home. I reach my corner and climb onto a wall, my special wall for getting away and enjoying my alone time. I felt whole here at my wall the only place I can go to when I have no one or anywhere else to go.

I pulled out my bag of green, exited for the calming sensation awaiting me. I smiled contently, opening the bag and inhaling deeply, finally finding the one thing that makes me happy. I then rolled it up and lit the tip, ready to escape into my own fucked up paradise. Before I knew it I was passed out laying beside my wall, no longer at the top.

I slowly got up, groggily rubbing my eyes and realizing that I was still outside, soaked in water and colder than ever. I knew what was waiting for me when I got home. I have to go somewhere else, at least until I know my dad would be passed out. I decide to walk around the town for a while. As I got up, I felt an unbearable pounding in my head, probably from falling. What am I even doing with my life now? Getting high and running away? So pathetic Dan.

I make it to a few stores near my house and walk around. I pass by a few restaurants, wishing I could eat something. I inhale the scent of coffee deeply as I pass by a Starbucks. I remember how me and my mum used to always go here, oh how I miss those days. I decide to walk into the store just to smell it, hoping it'll help at least a little with my huger. I took a seat, receiving a few strange looks from customers in the store. I looked around enjoying the scenery, it's more festive this time around because Christmas is coming up. Too bad I'll be alone. I inhaled the scent one last time before I started waking out the door. Before I was able to get out completely, I crashed into a tall, handsome man. He had gorgeous blue-grey eyes and a black fringe partially covering his eye.

"oh, I'm so sorry" he said grabbing my shoulder. I nodded, giving a slight smile.

" Mind if I buy you a drink?" he smiled. What's this guy's deal? Why does he want to talk to a loser like me? I just simply nod and we walk inside. After we order our drinks we sit down. I can feel his eyes burning into my face so I look aver and see him staring intently at me.

"why did you buy me a drink? You don't even know me" I said, a confused expression on my face.

"Because I want to know you "