Part 4 - Admiration

It's funny how some people become friends so fast but who knew someone would fall in love so fast. That person is suddenly corrupting your thoughts every hour and every minute of the day, and it all happens so fast. You can't help but think of holding them and kissing them, but then knowing its never going to be real. It's like being stabbed repeatedly in the chest or a weight pulling your stomach down when you see them fall in love someone else. And this is what was happening to me. I didn't like one minute of it either.

Today was Monday which means school. Phil is a bit older so he doesn't have to go. School is coming to an end and in a few more weeks I will be free and I will have to start my life in the real world. I dreaded that day.

I got out of bed and pulled out some black skinny jeans and a band tee. Before I put them on of course I went to the one thing that gives me closure. When I stepped on the scale I was so dissapointed. I had gained weight since the day Phil made me eat. I ate a little why did this have to happen? That was the only thing I ate that day. I stepped off and began to feel myself heating up. I'm so angry at myself. I have to lose weight. I have to. I set my mind to a plan to not eat for as long as I possibly could. I decided to act like this had never happened and I put on a smile as I left the restroom, already dressed.

I had to walk to school unfortunately and by the time I got there the tardy bell was about to ring so I ran to my usual classes. First period Biology. I burst through the door, causing everyone to look in my direction.
"late again Mr.howell?" Mrs.Tuitasi said, slightly smirking herself I saw some students smirking along and some even laughing out loud. I walked to my seat in the back of the class, ashamed and embarrassed. I sat in my seat for the rest of class, tuning out the world. I drew for most of the time and it was accompanied by my low music. Soon enough the bell rang and before I got a chance to put away my drawing, a girl came up to me. She had short hair, the color of a galaxy, blue mixed with purple and a bit of black too. Her face was perfectly shaped, her jaw, slim and soft and a nice pair of almond shaped eyes, the color of dark honey.

"Hey that's really good" she said pointing to my drawing. I quickly shut the book and smiled sheepishly back at her "thanks" I pulled on my backpack and started walking out the door before she grabbed my wrist and shot her hand out to me "Violet" I grabbed her hand and shook slowly "Dan" I was a bit weirded out by her sudden interest in me but it was fine because we became fast friends. She likes a lot of the things I do and she's really sweet too.

We hung out all day during school and when the last bell rang, she offered to take me home. Of course I had to go back home with my dad and I was petrified because I knew he was going to be drunk or high and it terrified me when he was drunk, knowing his power and his strength worrying me even more.

By the time she dropped me off, we exchanged numbers and I headed towards the door. From outside I could hear the crashing and screaming. I walked in and my dads anger was soon forced onto me. He slammed his fists on the wall and walked towards me, my heart beat increasing and my palms sweating. "W-what are you doing h-home so late? " his words slurred and his breath fanned on me, causing me to turn my head.

" i-ive been at a friends house that's all. " he gave a look. A look I can't explain. Like as if he wanted to kill me. I began to run upstairs, my heart beating out of control. I began to call Phil, my breath shaky.

"P-Phil?" I manage to choke out before bursting into tears. "Dan? What's wrong?" I explain to him what happened and he offers to take me in for the night and I agreed so I checked and saw my dad was passed out...again so I walked out the front door and ran to Phil's house. I need him right now. I need to feel his arms around me. I need to feel protected.

I get to his house and he wraps me up in a blanket and makes me a cup of hot cocoa. "Phil you really don't have to-" he cuts me off "yes. Yes I do Dan." he smiles and reaches over to grab my free hand. I can't help but smile the hugest smile I possibly could. I didn't want to believe it but.....i loved this man. He has become my world, and I don't know if that is a good thing or a bad thing.