Part 2- The beginning

Why would anyone would want to know me? Pathetic, useless little Daniel. I've never met one person in my life who willingly sat with me or wanted to know me. I'm so used to being alone that it seems weird that this random guy wants to buy me a coffee. I'm not saying I don't want to get to know him, just that I don't want him wasting his time on me.

"so, are you in school?" he asked, looking down at the coffee instead of me.

"yeah I am" Why is he suddenly so quiet? Did I say something wrong? Yeah you did just like everything else.

He just looked up and smiled one of the most precious smiles I have ever seen. He looks so innocent and loving, how can I not fall in love with him? For a while we just sat there sipping out coffee and staying quiet the whole time. I felt so awkward. I felt like it was my fault that he wasn't taking and that he felt uncomfortable. You fucked it up again Daniel.

"So let's go somewhere"

"erm where exactly"

"I don't know, but I want to get lost with you"

"I dont even know your name and you expect me to go and run off somewhere with you?"

"Phil" he held out his hand. I loved the name Phil. And it suited him too. Phil. Phil. Somehow the jet black hair and soft features really suited his name.

"Dan" I said slowly and accepted his hand.

We walked out the store and started walking. It was awkward at first but gradually I started talking more and more about the things I liked and didn't like, and it turns out he liked the same things as me. Part of the reason we get along so well.

A few minutes later we walked into a ninety nine cent store. Phil walked into the liquor isle while I walked into the candy section. I love teasing myself, showing myself the food but not letting my body have any. It makes me feel better knowing I can control myself. Soon enough Phil walked my way and he opens his sweater revealing a bottle of vodka stuffed in the left side pocket and a bottle of wine in the other. I gave him a strange look and all he did was smile and walk away, with me trailing nervously behind.

Phil waved to the cashier after walking for a bit more and he walked out calmly before the alarms went off. I started running at fast as I could, my heart was beating so fast and so loud that I couldn't take it. I've never been in trouble with the law before so this scared me. Little do I know that this was the beginning of the best night of my life.