Chapter 25 - Tauriel arrives

The princess lay in bed waiting for sleep to take her with it, and she tormented herself with the thought of what Noah had told her. She certainly didn't want to give him false expectations, because she was busy with Legolas but she couldn't even talk to him 'cause we would leave for the war angry and with a broken heart. He felt guilty about Noah and Legolas, neither of them knew about each other and even if she felt for Noah nothing more than friendship affection she felt that the situation was wrong for Legolas.

What she had with the elf was an important promise, they talked about the future; she had given him all of herself, and he was the first person or elf she had ever loved.

-Hey, you're distracted tonight...- The girl turns to his voice and sits up, she hadn't heard Legolas enter her room.

-Oh, I was thinking- she says, looking at his features and stopping at his beautiful light eyes. The elf strokes her cheek with two fingers and then arranges her hair behind the ears, and the girl closes her eyes and focuses on his touch.

-What were you thinking? - he asks, getting up and taking off his articulated court clothes.

- I thought... many people will need help when all the man will be fighting- she says as she watches him lie under the sheets once he is left in his pants.

-Mh... Always thinking about others- he says to her as he takes her in his arms. -That's why I know that one day you'll be a perfect queen for my kingdom- he says and then gives her a gentle kiss on the lips.

The girl's face relaxes immediately and all the thoughts that were spinning around her head disappear but when the blond pulls away the weight of that afternoon is back on her shoulders.

- I don't want you to leave... we've been separated for so long- she says in a whisper, leaning her head against his chest.

-I'll be back before you know it- he tries to lighten the tension on the girl.

-At the orphanage, there is a boy who comes to help- she begins the speech trying to use the right words not to misinterpret the situation.

-Okay? - says the boy more in a questioning tone than anything else not understanding what she wanted to talk about.

-He is... let's say we've become friends...- the elf takes the girl away from her chest and sits down with her.

-Why do I have the feeling that I won't like what you want to tell me? - he asks.

-He practically told me today... to be short, he would like me to wait for him when he returns from the front- she says in a whisper observing the expression of the elf in front of her.

-What does that mean?- he asks, starting to get nervous.

-Legolas, what do you think that means? I didn't realize that he might be interested in me, I told you everything because I don't want to have any secrets or surprises- she says taking his hands in her.

-And what did you tell him? -

-Nothing- she sighs and retracts her hands. -I mean I couldn't tell him I couldn't, I really couldn't- she says as he looks down at his hands.

-Why? Are you confused about us? -

-No! Since you've been here, you've only given me answers to all my uncertainties! I'm not confused! But when I was there I could not tell him how things are, I felt guilty I should have understood it before and made it clear immediately... and now I feel even worse- replies the girl sighing.

-Kayla...- the elf embraces her.

-Aren't you angry? - she asks.

-Yes- He says it with a smile. -I don't like that there's someone who thinks you're waiting for him, but I know you're upset right now-

-Sorry- whispers Kayla as they lie down again and embrace.

The next day the girl wakes up alone in bed and begins to prepare for her day at the palace. She wouldn't have time to go to the orphanage today, her princess schedule got in the way, and even though she knew she should talk to Noah, she had to postpone.

-Kayla here you are! - Her father called her as the half-elf went down the main staircase of the building towards the entrance. -The commanders of the army of Legolas have arrived-

The girl joins Aragorn, her mother, and her brother and observes the other people present: Legolas surrounded by a couple of his advisers, some other chiefs and kings.

-Aragorn, my army is ready. These are my captains and this is Tauriel, commander of the captains of the guard- he presents the new elves just arrived. -Captains, he is King Aragorn, Queen Arwen and the Prince and Princess- then goes on to present the others.

After the presentations, Legolas disappears along with his captains and Kayla concentrates on her duties.