Chapter 23 - Noah

From the last chapter:

-I love you-

-I love you too-

-------

-You're gorgeous... I've never met anyone like you- the elf tells her as he moves her hair from her face.

They're lying in bed, under the covers. Kayla had promised not to run into his arms but she couldn't resist when he approached and kissed her. Also for this reason she was angry with herself at that moment while she was looking at the elf.

-Did I make you late for what you had to do? - He asks her, smiling and she shakes her head.

-Don't worry...- Kayla whispers.

-What's the matter with you? - he asks her confused.

-Nothing, shouldn't you join the others? -

-Don't you want me here with you? - he asks with a chuckle.

-No, it's not that... my father might have understood but all the other officials, councilors, princes, and kings? It will be disrespectful- he says by sitting down and pulling the covers over his chest and then turning to look at him.

-And you? You won't be disrespectful? - Amused asks the elf but she shakes her head seriously.

-I don't care, I'm not that important... but you have to be there- she says and then the guy drops his smile and nods.

-Okay, then I'll go... but we have to finish talking later- he tells her as he gets out of bed and gets dressed.

-It's okay we'll talk when you're done with the board- she nods and starts dressing up, too.

-I'm ready... I'm going- he says approaching her and then he puts his lips on the soft ones of the girl who immediately responds to the kiss but then leaves after a while. -See you later- he tells her as he leaves the room.

After preparing, she leaves the palace and reaches the orphanage, and then continues along the way to the workshop.

-Foretold? Are you Noah? - He asks when entering, signaling the guards to stay outside the door.

-Hey! Come in, come in- The smiling guy comes in the back.

-Hello- says the girl looking around and looking at the various jewelry displayed in the shop. -These necklaces are beautiful, do you make them? - asks.

- Yeah, I do all of them, that's why I brought you here... It says by pulling out a wrapper. -I made this new necklace... I just made this piece, I won't make anymore and... I wanted to give it to her- she says to then open the wrapper and show her the beautiful necklace.

-You don't have to... it's beautiful- she says being enchanted by the silver necklace of flowers that wrap around each other. -You don't have to give it to me... this necklace is beautiful you have to sell it, or I can buy it for you

-No, I want to give it to you... I did it thinking about you, thinking about what you did for the kids- she says smiling.

- This seems hard to do- she says. -Did your parents teach you to do this?-

-My father taught me... it's difficult but it's also my passion not only my work... I love to create new pieces and put myself into them. I can show you some other pieces- he says opening a showcase to take other jewelry.

-I love them... all of them...- she says, she really falls in love with the work. -Did you do also all the jewelry that I have in the palace?-

-Yes, I did them with my father when he was alive... also the crowns-

-I really am in love with them! You are so good!- she says. -You are alone at work now?-

-Yes, I was working with my father when he was still alive- he smiles. -We did also the crowns-

-I'm in love with them... You are really good- she says smiling at him. -And now you do it all alone? None to help you?-

-Oh no, I have an assistant, not every day but he helps me more with the customers and with the shop while I make our jewelry-

- Can you show me how you do them? - she asks with the same enthusiasm of a child and the boy laughs.

-If you want I can make you a ring-

- Please- she says nodding. -But will you make me pay for it? -

-All right- He goes to the back of the shop and opens the door to the lab and lets the princess in first. -Sit here, do not touch the tools, you could get hurt-

-Okay- She smiles and sits where she was told.

They spend the rest of the afternoon creating some jewelry and the last one was a bracelet designed by Kayla.

-Your Highness, I'm sorry to disturb you, but you must return to the palace- says a guard.

-Oh... already? - she says sadly. - I'm sorry Noah I have to go back... it was very nice to see you working and help you create- she says to the boy while he hands her the necklace and the bracelet.

-Was it an honor for me to spend this time with you... will you come and help in the orphanage tomorrow? -

-Oh... I wish I could, but first I must see if I can leave the palace-

-I've seen a lot of important people arrive in the city these days, does it have anything to do with the fact that you're always busy now? -

-Yes, but I can't tell you anything I'm sorry-

-I see- he smiles at her and the princess then says goodbye to him.

When she gets back, she meets her brother.

-Eldarion- she greets him as she takes off her cloak and the boy approaches her.

-Sister, you missed dinner-

-I had things to do-

-Yes, so I heard- he says with a clever smile.

-What do you mean? -

- I heard you were in Noah's shop all afternoon- says the brother.

-Yes and so? -

-Nothing- he says smiling at her and then turning to leave just as they were joined by the prince of the elves.

-Hello Legolas, good evening- Eldarion says hello.

-What's going on? He's not mad at me anymore? - he asks, approaching the girl.

- I don't know...- says the princess thoughtfully.

-Anyway, since you missed dinner... I made the maids bring you something to eat in your room, just your favorite things- he says smiling and then he leaves a gentle kiss on her lips.

- Oh, thank you... you should come too in my room, we have to talk- the princess says.