Chapter 4 - Princess Training

Kayla's having lunch with her parents.

In the afternoon, she trains herself with a bow and arrow.

At some point.. Kayla feels a presence.. and she turns quickly with a blunt arrow ready to be released.

She cross those beautiful ice blue irises for a few seconds then lower the bow and the prince smiles.

-Calm down, I'm not here to hurt anyone-

She doesn't answer, gives him her back and resumes her training ignoring him.

She's glad she finally saw him, but she's nervous about her dad and all the dangerous stuff that was slowly coming to light.. She was also a little disappointed that he wasn't come earlier.

-Are you all right? -

-Of course why? – she strikes another arrow, takes from the quiver the last one but he stops her before she positions it on the bow.

-Stop... if you use your last one and you aren't focused, then it will be totally useless, try instead to focus your goal remaining lucid without being overwhelmed by your feelings. If you are not able to control them then you are not able to fight... you have to focus on your opponent.. - While talking, he stands behind her, he follows her arms as he positions the arrow and stretches the bow. -And it strikes- the word of him follows the action of her and the arrow that sticks exactly to the center of a tree positioned far beyond the target.

-Thank you...- she whispers while he walks away from the elf's body.

-What happened? - asks him, while she goes to collect the various arrows.

-Me, your father and some others will leave soon I believe tomorrow.. - He says changing subject.

She nods and walks back to him.

-Legolas let me come with you- she prays.

-Princess I'm not the one who can tell you to come with us.. It's a decision we all make together and I believe.. that your father does not want-

-Stop treating me like a doll! I know how to defend myself! -

-Ah! Yes? Show me that you can defend yourself and I will try to convince your father.. After all I am his best friend- he challenge her.

She gets even closer to him, their noses rub against each other, their eyes cross.. She slowly takes off one of the knives placed on her back and points it to his throat.

-Okay-

...

They train all afternoon, he always win even if Kayla is not bad at all.
Towards evening Aragorn reaches them.

-"Legolas I have to talk to you, come.. and you have to Kayla prepare for dinner"-

Legolas follows him and Kayla retreats to her rooms.

...

-"What were you doing Legolas?" - Aragorn asks him hard.

-"What?" - he asks a bit 'disoriented.

-"Legolas you were fighting with her! You could have hurt her!" -

-"It was a workout, I didn't hurt her"-

-"Why did you do it?" -

-"She was tense I just wanted to relax her a bit.." -

-"And according to you, fighting is a good way to relax?" -

-"Sorry I didn't want to upset you, I was trying to help.. Anyway she wants to come with us.."-

-"I know! And I don't know how to get her to go to the palace!" -

-"But you didn't force her?" -

-"She's always on her own if she wants to come she'll one way or the other.." -

-"She looks just like you"-

-"Legolas before I saw you... a bit 'taken by her.." -

-"In what sense?" - wonders the elf.

-"Taken! Are you interested in my daughter?!" - he asks between the worried and the angry.

-"Friend... she's your daughter.. I.. I've known her for 3 days... I"-

-"Legolas you're three thousand years old practically she only 20! And then she's my daughter"-

-"Aragorn I.." -

-Dad! - Kayla arrives and interrupts Legolas.

-Tell me- He smiles pretending nothing happened.

-I wanted to talk to you about the trip again- she says convinced.

-You leave tomorrow before we us and you leave for home with your mother-

Legolas lets them speak for themselves.

-Dad I want to come please! –

-Don't be a baby-girl-

-I'm not being a little girl! Come on! I know how to defend myself very well you trained me!!! – she tries to convince him for the last time.