Chapter 18 - Far away?

Kayla turns under the covers for the umpteenth time, it was not easy for her to sleep since she was in the kingdom of Legolas. By now they had arrived for about twenty days and she could no longer spend a second with the elf. At first, he tried to help him in his duties, he tried to support him in his everyday life but after a while, he realized that he was the only one who didn't look at her badly and really listened to her, So little by little she had moved away from everyone who thought that was not her place.

Recently her routine consisted of helping Nelly a sweet female elf who administered the royal palace, helping her with the simplest matters, but the thing that busied her the most these days was wandering around the kingdom and getting to know elves. The people immediately did not trust her but after a while managed to earn their trust... unfortunately this worked only with the people, the unpretentious elves, who led a simple, normal life within the kingdom.

As soon as he sees a ray of the sun enter through the light curtains he quickly rises and begins to prepare. Legolas' lodgings were in another wing of the palace and he found himself happy to know it far away, if he had been in the room next door probably it would have been more difficult not to think of him... knowing him close but not being able to see him would have only suffered more.

After preparing, she leaves the room and walks the long corridor in front of her to turn at the end of it.

-Good morning Kayla! - Nelly greets her out loud as she writes something on the folder in her hand.

-Good morning Nelly... already up? -

-Do you know this place would fall apart if I wasn't there even for a day or an hour? - says while watching two elves working in the hallway. - No! So we are not there! Sorry Kayla I have to... take care of them, they are making a mess! -

-See you later- The half-dead princess greets her as she walks away to go out.

The day passes slowly, the sun takes its course in the sky to dive behind the high mountains and leave the twilight in the realm. Kayla returns to the palace after having dinner outside, comes back accompanied by Elias a funny young elf.

-Thank you Elias for accompanying me, even if it was absolutely not necessary-

-It was not a problem really, see you tomorrow? You know your help these days was very helpful to us

-Of course, I come, at least there I am useful... here now I do not serve- says pointing to the palace.

- I don't know how they do it without you, Kayla- says the elf smiling at her.

-For you is your height- says Legolas firm not far from them. - Or princess, you can choose-

-Legolas don't be rude- he scolds the girl avoiding to look at him not to smile and not to run to embrace him.

-Excuse me, my prince... I leave you, your highness- he smiles at the girl, makes a slight bow, and leaves.

-So it's him you've been with these days? - he asks as he follows Kayla back into the palace and walks to his rooms.

-He has a name, Elias, and you were rude to him first-

-Kayla... do you really want to spend time-fighting? -

-I don't want to fight...

-What happens? Is something wrong? - asks the elf.

Kayla sighs before turning to look at him look at his face then his elegant and light clothes observes his light hair in order from which you can see the pointed ears, looks at the elegant crown that rests gently on his head.

-No... it's all right... are you tired? -

-You don't know how much everyone here expects from me... I don't know if I can give them anything they want- sighs.

-That's not the task of a king Legolas... you can't give it all to everyone- he says as he opens the door. - Do you want to come in? -

The two close the door behind them once they enter.

-How is your father? - asks the girl while she melts her hair braid.

-They say he's getting better but he hasn't woken up yet- whispers as he watches with his fingers rushing through his long hair. - You know, Nelly told me today that you helped her a lot-

-I do what I can to help... at least I do it with people who accept me-

-What do you mean? I wouldn't accept you? -

-No, I wasn't talking about you, I... sorry... you have a lot of problems don't you worry about mine all right? -

-What's wrong with you? -

-No Legolas... I don't want to talk about this... we hardly ever see each other, I would like to enjoy the time we have now- she approaches him and kisses him. - Can you stay here tonight? - Whisper after it comes off.

-Only if you promise me you won't come back to that guy tomorrow- he says as he caresses her hips.

-All you want to do is stay here with me- she smiles at him praying for his attention.