One

A girl sits quietly in a cafe. He nose tucked into a romance novel, so focused that she had forgotten she was holding a biscuit.

Across from her, sitting closer to the counter, was a man, watching her.

This man's name is Vlad.

He is the oldest living being on this earth, he's lived a thousand lives and is wiser than anyone in the world.

The oldest living vampire.

And he's looking at this girl. Her hair was short, hanging just to the base of her neck in a feathered Bob style.

She had dark eyeliner, and bright red, plump lips. She was wearing an oversized metal band T shirt, and black leggings.

She was rather short, a slim yet muscular build. She is an athlete after all.

Vlad had been watching her for months.

Waiting.

For what? We don't know. But it has to do with this girl.

His eyes slowly pan over to the window, across the street he sees another vampire staring at her.

He leans back a bit.

"There are others who have her scent as well."he says in a Romanian accent.

The man sitting behind him, facing the opposite direction speaks.

"Fools. All of them."he says.

"You're right. Up for an early morning special?"Vlad asks.

"Of course, sir."the man chuckles, standing up.

He walks out of the cafe, leaving Vlad to admire the woman.

"She gets more beautiful each time I see her."he says softly.

The woman behind him turns around her chair, looking at her.

"She could stay beautiful. Turn her."she says.

"Rosalie would've never wanted that, Shiloh."Vlad says.

"So you'd rather spend another thousand years running around this miserable planet looking for another doppelganger after this one dies?"Shiloh asks.

Vlad huffs.

"You're always so blunt, Shiloh."he says.

"Isn't that what you pay me for."

Shiloh was a younger vampire. Turned by Vlad himself. His right hand, so to speak.

"They would've burned you alive where I'm from."Vlad says.

"Ooohh yesss the horrible horrors of TrAnSyLvAnIa bleh bleh bleh."Shiloh says in a goofy dracula voice.

Vlad looks up at her and her smile instantly drops.

"Sorry master."she says, looking down.

Vlad huffs, looking back at the woman.

"She's called Melanie this time."He says.

"What an unfortunate name. So, what's your plan of attack?"Shiloh asks, leaning forward.

"Should I buy her a tea?"Vlad asks.

Shiloh lets out a long drawn out sigh.

"You're too old, Vlad. It's 2022, she's a nerd look at her. She's wearing a My Chemical Romance shirt."Shiloh says.

"Nevermind that. I need to leave my mark on her soon. Before someone else tries."Vlad says, rubbing his chin.

The man from before walks back into the cafe, taking a seat behind Vlad as well and then letting out a belch.

Vlad pinches the bridge of his nose and huffs.

"Idiots. I'm surrounded by idiots."

....

Melanie

I look up from my book after finishing off the last page and huffing.

"Is there even a point to reading anymore?"I ask myself quietly as I notice I still had a tea biscuit in my hand.

I simply plop it into my mouth and begin to gather my things.

I stand up slowly, feeling eyes on me.

I look back, noticing a handsome man staring at me.

I blush and look away, continuing to gather my things and then pulling my backpack over my shoulders.

I chuckle as I walk out of the cafe, putting my headphones on as I begin walking.

.....

I look up, taking my headphones off and letting them hang around my neck as I turn down my dark street.

I look around as I walk, huffing as I see the dim basically useless street lamps flickering.

But then, I hear the click of someone's shoes on the road and I turn around, gasping in the silence.

I see nothing and I chuckle, turning back around.

There I see a set of brightly colored eyes.

Against my will, I instantly drop everything in my arms.

"Rosalie..."

I hear an echoey smoothe voice, but could focus on nothing but the bright orange eyes that were looking into my soul.

"Wake up.."

"Rosalie..."

"My love..."

"Bear your throat.."

Again, before I could think, my arms move and slide the straps of my backpack off my shoulders.

Then, I unzip my hoodie, letting it drop and pool around my feet, still stuck staring at the bright orange eyes.

Then I lean my head to the side and freeze. The eyes I was staring into slowly shift around till I could no longer see them, but I was still frozen.

I feel a hand pulling the hair off of my neck and I let out a shallow breath.

"You're my quest, Rosalie..."

The soft voice says before my vision starts to blur and white spots form.

For some reason, I was feeling very ill very quickly.

I let out a soft cry before I feel my consciousness slowly slipping away.

Then, my eyes close.

......