40

I smile as I walk arm in arm with Vlad into the large basement that was swarming with new vampires. The smell of blood permeates throughout the entire room, and the horde screams with excitement as they see us.

Vlad opens his arms, as if he were welcoming the cheers.

I smile as he kisses the back of my hand before leading me to a chair to sit.

"My children!"he shouts, stepping towards the horde.
....

"My beautiful children. Are you hungry?"Vlad asks, causing the horde to scream in excitement as their response.

Evan slowly maneuvers through the crowd, glances down at the pile of corpses that Jord was laying on top of.

"..the van helsings have stolen everything from me."Vlad says, glancing briefly at Melanie.

"Today is the day I take back what is mine. In the van helsings headquarters. Deep within the vault plastered with my name, is a book. A grimoire. In big, dark red writing, it says Cartea de vrăji. The first of you to bring me this book will be greatly rewarded."Vlad says.

Shiloh stands at the back of the room, her arms crossed.

"You each have very specific powers. Gifts from me, your maker. Use them. You will not fail me, or your queen. Correct?!"he shouts causing the horde to cheer in response.

"Go then! Make me proud! Kill the Van Helsings! Kill them all!"

The crowd cheers and begins roaring with excitement as they quickly file out of the basement.

Vlad turns to Melanie and she stands.

"You must stay here my love. I will be back."he says, pulling her in and kissing her lips.

"I wish you would let me join you."she says, her eyes pouting.

"I need you here, when I return I will shower you with love and affection, and attention. Everything you need, my beautiful flower."he says softly, caressing her cheek and watching her eyes slowly fade to red.

"Fine. That means you must return, my love."Melanie says as bats begin to fly into the room, circling around the pair as Vlad smiles.

"They are not ready for my wrath."he says before leaning down and kissing her lips.

Her eyes close as more and more bats begin to circle them, and she no longer feels Vlad's lips.

She opens her eyes and turns around, watching the swarm of bats leave the room.

The only ones that remained in the room were Melanie, and Evan.

She tilts her head in confusion as she walks over to him.

"...I know you from somewhere."she says.

He nods.

"You don't remember me?"Evan asks.

She shakes her head.

He looks over at Jord who was slightly propped up against the other bodies

"Do you remember him?"

Melanie looks over at Jord. She eyes his pale lips, and greyish skin.

She looks down to see the hole in his chest where he was shot. Suddenly, her eyes begin to fill with tears, and she puts her hand on his chest.

"I know this man...what happened to him?"She asks, looking up at Evan with her lips quivering.

"I had to shoot him. Remember?" Evan says.

Melanie's mind begins to fill with short blips of her memories.

Images of her and Jord laughing together. Being the forest.

"Do you remember?"Evan says as she looks at Jord.

"... Jordan?"she says softly.

"Yes. That's Jordan, I'm Evan. Can you remember me?"Evan says.

Her eyes snap towards Evan and she was now crying angry tears.

"You killed him."she snaps.

"Hey! Whoa I'm alive."Jord says, sitting up.

Instantly Melanie screams, hugging Jord.

She begins sobbing into his chest and he grunts, hugging her back as she squeezes him.

"Come on, Melanie we gotta get you out of here."Jord grunts as he stands up.

"I saw you die..why couldn't I remember?"Melanie sobs.

"Vlad was able to wipe your memory when he turned you. You're sired to him, therefore he can manipulate your mind more easily than others."Jord says, cupping her cheeks and wiping her tears as he looks down at her.

"..fuck you look beautiful."he says as her lips quiver.

"Um, I need to get these darts into Vlad as soon as possible."Evan says.

"...I feel something.."Melanie says.

"..feel something like what?"Jord asks.

Melanie puts her hand on the back of her neck, and she instantly turns around.

There, she sees Shiloh standing there with eyes wide.

"Shit."Evan says.

"Shit."Jord agrees.

After a few moments of silence, Shiloh disappears so quickly the glass windows shatters.

"Um, I'm gonna go get her."Jord says, taking off equally as fast.

"Come with me."Evan says, grabbing Melanie's arm.

....