Four

"Did you see how beautiful that man was."I groan as Estella rushes me I to the house.

"It's always the pretty ones that are creeps. I don't like him."Stella says.

"But I think we had chemistry! He was still so calm and polite even with my awkward introvert mumblings."I say.

"When has my gut ever been wrong, Mel?"she asks.

"That's true."I huff.

"Exactly."she says as she sits me down on the couch.

I hiss as I scratch at the bandages on my neck.

"Stop that!"she says, slapping my hands.

"It itches. All of them itch I want to take a shower."I huff.

"Don't shower, and try not to fall asleep."Estella says, walking toward a shelf with medical supplies on it.

"Why can't I sleep?"I ask.

"Can't have you sleepwalking. I think I just realized what those bites are."she says.

"Huh?"I ask, confused.

She looks back at me.

"Nothing. Here's your tea."she smiles, handing it to me.

I smile, taking the cup and bringing it to my lips.

....

Estella sits in the kitchen, looking back and forth between the kitchen window and the living room window.

She huffs as she looks down at her cup of coffee.

Suddenly, she hears racoons chattering on the trashcan from outside the window.

She huffs as she gets up and flips the porch light on, then of, then on again, startling the racoons.

But, as she turns on the light she sees a shadowy figure behind the blinds. Her eyes lock on the figure as she flips the light of and then back on.

Her breathing hitches as the figure was still standing there.

She inches her way closer to the window and picks up the blind string.

She yanks them up and she sees that the shadowy figure was gone. She looks around and then huffs as she releases the blinds and allows them to fall down.

Then she walks back over to her post and then sits down.

But as she does, she notices the figure was still there. She breathes in, taking a knife from the block.

"Come out. I know you're here."she demands.

She hears a woman like menacing chuckle coming from the living room. Then a set of glowing eyes open.

"Well well well. If it isn't one of the rare Van Helsing spawn."Shiloh's voice echoes out.

Estella quickly tries to dart for the hallway, to warn Melanie. But Shiloh was already standing there.

She throws a backhand, slapping Estella across the face and causing her to fly and hit the kitchen counter.

The suspiciously loud thud, along with several loud objects clamoring to the floor, woke Melanie.

She sits up, hissing and laying back down. Her wounds far to sore to move.

She groans out.

"Estella!"she says.

Shiloh looks back, her face and long nails already dripping with Estella's blood.

"Rosalie. I should kill that fucking.."she says, clenching her fists.

"But you won't."she hears a voice from the kitchen and sees Jord, the muscle of the trio.

Shiloh scoffs.

"Why are you here?"she asks, walking away from Estella's body and towards him.

"Vlad sent me. He knew you'd try to go after Rosalie. And look at the mess you've made."Jord says.

"I told him to expect a mess."Shiloh says, folding her arms.

Jord grabs her by her ear and pulls her down, making her hiss as he walks her out of the house.

"One simple task! One!"Jord gripes.

....

I groan as I pull myself up out of bed. I hiss, my hand coming to the bite on my neck, the one that hurt the most.

Leaving my glasses off, I feel my way to the door and open it.

"Estella, could you help me to the bathroom please?"I call I to the hallway.

No response.

Very strange of her.

I clear my throat and the cough as I open the door and carefully step out.

"It's okay, I think I can do it myself."I say.

I look down the hall, noticing the dining room light was on, but not the kitchen.

Also very strange, they both turn on with the same switch.

I feel my way down the hall way till I reach where it opens into the kitchen.

"Estella? Stell-"I was cut off by stepping into a slippery liquid and slipping, falling straight back and hitting my head.

Right into the puddle of this mysterious liquid.

I groan out in pain.

"Estella! What did you spill!? It feels like...like.."I look at my palms, seeing the bright red color.

My breathing hitches and I don't dare to look over. Instead I start doing small scoots backwards, till I had left a bloody trail down the hall to my room.

Once I reach my room, I simply close the door and then fall over to the side on the floor, bringing my knees to my chest.

Then I go into my pocket, pulling out my phone and dialing 911.

I press call and then drop the phone on the floor next to me.

"911 what's your emergency?"

I take a deep hitching breath.

"I-i need help."