34

Vlad sits in his office still, glaring at Rosalie's diary. Shiloh enters the room, dragging an unconscious woman behind her.

"I brought you a meal, Master."Shiloh says, dropping the woman before his desk.

Vlad speaks as he looks at the diary.

"How many have you gotten so far, Shiloh."he says.

"A little over 40, master."she responds.

He only nods.

"Send in the Van Helsing spawn."he demands.

She steps out of the room, closing the door.

Vlad sighs as he slides the book off his desk and into an open drawer.

Evan enters the room.

"You called for me, master."Evan says.

Vlad looks out of the window behind him.

"...where is Melanie?"he questions.

Evans eyes turn red and he begins to look around.

"Walking.. she's near a road. With Jordan. She's not far from here."he says.

He sighs.

"I was wrong to let her go. I want you to find her for me. Bring her back."Vlad says.

"..me? I-I'm still rather young, master. I advise against it."Evan says nervously.

"Young and strong. Strong enough to kill Jordan. I want you to bring him back to me dead. "Vlad says.

"B-but-"Evan pauses as he sees the angry, red eyes of Vlad glaring at him.

"..yes, I'll find them."he says before walking out of the room.

Vlad sighs, looking down at his palm.

There was a beautifully done tattoo of Rosalie's face.

"... I'll have you. I'm sorry."he says quietly.

.....

Melanie

I grunt, allowing Jord to pull me up over the fallen tree in the woods.

"See. Told you."Jord says, pointing to a busy road.

"Oh thank goodness for your wonderful nose."I breathe, running my fingers through my short hair as I see the McDonald's restaurant.

"Let's just keep moving okay. I'm still not sure what Vlad's intentions are."Jord says, jumping down.

"He won't just leave us alone?"I ask, jumping down into Jord's arms and allowing him to sit me on the ground.

"Vlad? He's practically the king of drama. He's going to want some sort of revenge."Jord huffs.

"That's crazy."I say, folding my arms as we begin walking to the road.

He takes his jacket off as he speaks.

"It took Vlad 7 years to find another doppelganger. I can't imagine he'd want to give up on you so easily. That's why we need to leave. We have to get out of these woods."Vlad says, tossing his jacket over my shoulders.

"I should've never said yes. I just wanted to live in a story book, he said that's what it'd be like. Now I'm going to be running forever."I say, my lips begining to quiver.

"I'm going to keep you safe Melanie, I promise. And you're not going to be running forever."He chuckles.

"I believe you then."I sigh.

Suddenly he stops, his ears turning to points and his eyes fading to orange.

"What is it?"I ask quietly.

"...Evan!"he shouts, looking around.

"Is he here? You can smell him?"I question.

He nods.

"Evan! Come out!"He shouts again.

I hear a branch crack, and I look over.

I see Evan, hunched and nervous, sort of side stepping out of his position behind a tree.

He raises his arms in surrender as he slowly approaches us.

"What are you doing here, kid?"Jord asks, blocking me from him.

"I-i didn't want to stay... sh-shilo is mean to me and..y-you guys are the only ones who were nice."he says, looking down.

"That's awfully nice mate but you still smell of Vlad so I'm going to need you to stay back."Jord says.

Evan sighs and stops.

I see his face change from sadness to concern as he slowly lowers his hands.

But suddenly, he flicks his arm out and a small crossbow slips from his sleeve.

I gasp, and before Jord could even react even shoots him directly in his chest.

Jord hisses and then roars like an animal as he falls back.

I scream, catching him as he falls and grips on to the arrow in his chest.

"Oh God this is bad."Jord immediately says before looking up at me.

"God damn it! Evan why!"I shout, attempting to pull the arrow from Jord's chest.

He screeches and removes my hands before attempting to catch his breath.

"Melanie, you need to come with me."Evan says as he walks over to me.

"No!"I scream as Jord clutches on to me.

"It's...it's in my heart..ow.."Jord says, breathlessly.

"Jord I swear to God you better not die on me!"I cry, attempting to stand him up.

"Melanie, he's going to die. I shit him in the heart, he's going to die. You need to come with me now."Evan demands as I begin sobbing.

"Now!"He demands, aiming the crossbow at Jord again.

"Evan stop! Don't do this please!"I sob, looking back at him.

"I have to."Evan says, looking up.

I look up as well, seeing several bats flying in circles above.

"..he's watching me. Please Melanie. Don't make me shoot him again."

My lips quiver as I look down at Jord who was hardly breathing, looking up at me.

He grips my hand softly and speaks.

"G..go.. Melanie... just..just don't listen to the story..don't listen to Vlad's story."he says softly.

I whimper, leaning down and kissing his forehead as tears drop onto his head.

"I'm so sorry, Jord. I'm sorry."I say softly, causing him to smile.

"..it's okay..today was beautiful.."he says softly before Evan pulls me to my feet.

He begins walking me back in the direction I came from and I walk back, seeing Jord trying to find a way to sit up, but couldn't.

He lets out a loud sigh and lays back, his hand coming to the arrow in his chest.

.....