31

I huff, packing a few items of clothing in the suitcase Vlad had provided.

I didn't want to leave. I was just now getting used to this house. And all of the new information I had to take in.

I stand, walking over to the dresser where I had placed my smaller items like my toothbrush, and headphones.

Suddenly I hear a loud thump and I jump, my hand coming to my chest.

I look back, seeing a box that Vlad had packed had fallen to the ground.

"Vlad?!"I call.

No response.

Suddenly the box jumps and I gasp, backing away.

"J-jord?!"I shout.

Still no response.

The box jumps again and I shriek, turning towards the door and opening it.

I attempt to run out, but I trip and fall over something.

I hiss, landing on my wrist. I sit up, looking around to what tripped me.

I see a tattered book laying on the ground before the door.

Then I look back into the room, seeing the jumping box wide open, and empty.

My lips tremble as I slowly stand, reaching for the book.

I pick it up, running my fingers over the raised letters that spelt out diary on the spine.

Where have I seen this book before?

I begin to hear soft whispering.

"Open me...open me..open me.."

My eyes gloss over with curiosity and I slowly open the cover.

Just as I do, something flies out of the book and directly into my mouth.

I fly back as it has flown into me so forcefully. I hit the stair railing and then immediately fall to the ground, feeling a horrid burning sensation at the back of my throat.

...

Melanie becomes lethargic, falling back to the ground as she stands.

She begins to shake, and twitch aggressively, her eyes rolling back and  looking up to the point where her spine arched backwards, and then she froze.

One if her twitching hands reaches into the air and her mouth opens.

"RĂZBUNARE"she bellows in a layered voice before collapsing.

....

Vlad enters the house angrily, having lost Edwin's scent. Of course his most valued servant was now possessed my a tormented soul that seeks nothing but revenge for his mistreatment.

Vlad pauses as he hears Melanie. She was humming a tune from the kitchen.

Vlad walks into the kitchen slowly, seeing Melanie at the stove, stirring away in a pot.

She was now dressed in a beautiful nightgown, swaying as she hummed.

"Mel?"Vlad says.

Her hums and stirring halt. She stands there for a moment before speaking.

"Yes my love?"she responds.

"Are you alright?"he asks.

She only nods.

"We'll have to get going soon."Vlad says, walking over to the pantry.

"Where is Jord?"Melanie asks, making him look back at her.

"He's running errands for me."he says.

Melanie angrily slams the spoon she was using to stir against the stove.

"Lies."

"Is something wrong, Melanie?"Vlad asks.

She grumbles a bit before turning around.

Upon seeing her face he instantly realizes something is wrong.

She had dark circles under her eyes, her lips were dry. Her skin was pale.

"Lies. Lies, lies, lies. Is there anything you've said that isn't a lie?"she spits, stumbling toward him.

"Melanie, I think you've caught a cold."Vlad says with a soft smile.

She scoffs and then looks up, her eyes rolling back as she begins to slowly lean backwards.

Vlads eyes widen as her bones crack and she leans further and further.

She bends over backwards and then releases a screech as she lifts her head and looks at Vlad from between her legs.

"RĂZBUNARE"she bellows, causing Vlad to step back.

"R-rosalie?"he says as she bends her knees and lands on her hands, twisting around until she walked on all fours.

"Oh my god. What have you turned into?"Vlad says, backing away from Melanie as she chuckles sinisterly.

"..... vengeance..incarnate"

Then she charges at Vlad and jumps on him, instantly trying to bite at his throat. Snarling like an animal.

"Rosalie stop!" Vlad demands, fighting her away.

"IM GOING TO KILL YOU! IM GOING TO KILL YOU, AND BATHE IN YOUR BLOOD LIKE YOU DID MY FATHER!"She screams, clawing at his face.

Vlad throws her to the ground and she skids across the floor before assuming her all fours position.

Vlad become angry.

"Don't make me hurt you."he says lowly.

"There's nothing else you can take, you beast! You monster! You vile bloodsucking monster!"she screams, trying to attack him again.

Vlad raises his hand once and she freezes in place as his eyes turn red.

"Vile? Yes."he says, walking closer to her.

As he does she's forced down to her knees and she screams at him.

"A monster? Yes."he says, walking to her as her hands are forced to the ground as well.

She growls angrily as he kneels down to her level.

He then cups her cheeks softly.

"And no matter what your hatred, and anger have turned you into. You love this vile, bloodsucking monster."he says quietly.

He sees her angry features soften as he darts his red eyes into hers.

She grunts and Vlad sees his magic seeping into her eyes.

She groans, trying to resist the compulsion.

"Vezi dragostea noastra. Simți, iubirea noastră."he says soothingly.

Suddenly, a large broken shard of wood stabs through Vlads chest and he shrieks as Melanie falls to the ground.

Jord stands straight up as Vlad falls to the ground. Melanie instantly gasps as she sees Jord, running to him.

Vlad angrily hits the ground, grunting as he tries to sit up.

"Get your hands off her!"he yells.

"I'm not your property!"Melanie yells back at him.

"Is it you? Is it really you, Rose?"Jord asks, cupping her cheeks.

She nods with a smile and then pulls him close, kissing him.

Vlad growls angrily as he tries to push the wooden stake out of his chest.

"That won't hold him. We should go, Rose. Come."Jord says as the kiss breaks.

They join hands and begin walking away, Melanie glancing back at Vlad.

"No! Rosalie please!"Vlad grunts in pain.

Melanie looks away, walking out with Jord.

"D-don't leave me..."

...