38

Shiloh stands in the back as Vlad addresses his horde.

The new army of vampires chat excitedly as Vlad steps up into view.

"Silence my minions."Vlad demands.

Silence falls and Vlad smiles as he looks at the army of vampires he had accumulated.

"Look at you all. How beautiful you are. How strong, and loyal."Vlad says, looking out at them.

"...the Van Helsings have taken something very important from me. I want to make them suffer....and you're all hungry, are you not?"he says, causing the crowd to cheer.

"I want you to eat your fill when we arrive. Leave no survivors. Any of the Van Helsing spawn you find you bring to me. I want to see their faces when they realize they've spent their entire lives working to kill me only to spend the rest of it serving at my feet. Do you understand?"

The crowd cheers again and Vlad chuckles as he turns and walks away, heading towards Shiloh.

"Vlad, you did-"she cuts herself off as Vlad simply walks past her, headed towards the bedroom he shares with Melanie.

She lets out a deep exhale and looks down at her long, sharp nails. She feels tears welling in her eyes as Jord's words begin bouncing around in her head.

"Bossed around and abused."

She closes her eyes, sealing the tears in as she turns the opposite direction of Vlad and begins walking out of the house.

......

Melanie...

I hear the door open, and I glance back, immediately recognizing Vlad's familiar scent.

The door closes behind him and I hear his footsteps approaching.

"Where is my queen?"He asks.

I turn back and smile as he instantly puts his hands on his hips, noticing the blood on my face.

"Where is it?"he questions.

I shrug, glancing over my shoulder as he walks over to me.

He looks down, seeing the young woman on the floor as he wraps his arms around my waist.

"You're perfect this way, Melanie."he says before pressing a few kisses against my neck and cheeks.

"...was I not perfect as a human?"I question, looking up at him.

He smiles before kissing my lips.

He suckles on my bottom lip, tasting the blood I had consumed before gripping my jaw softly.

"You were always perfect, Melanie. Now, there is simply more of you to love."

I smile, my cheeks feeling warm as he kisses me again, his hands making their way down to my waist.

He picks me up and I wrap my legs around his waist as he begins walking us towards the bed.

I moan into the kiss as he turns and gently lays me down against the bed.

He suckles against my bottom lip softly as he breaks the kiss and we make brief eye contact.

"I love you."he says softly before burying his face into my neck.

"I love you too, Vlad."I moan, feeling him pull my shirt down off my shoulders.

Instantly, he bites.

I gasp at the initial sting of the bite on my neck and shoulder.

But instantly I feel his venom filling my body, and I moan as the sense of euphoria spreads throughout my body from the bite.